boat trailer broke in half

mr rogers

hey guys check this pic out. when we got home sunday night from tawakoni,i backed the rogers in the garage, got out of the truck to unhook and thats when i noticed that my trailer had completly broke in half on one side. crazy  glad we made it home anyway. :smile20:

Disturbed

There's some pretty rough roads between here and Tawakoni.  Check this out!
ra9e3une.jpg

Good luck with your repair!  Now I don't feel as bad...

jimsplace

That isn't a weld spot for a section? 
It looks like a straight break where it might have been welded.
I would check the trailer for rust or rusty areas and if you have any bad spots get them repaired or replaced.  It may not be as bad as it appears.
    :smile18:

jimsplace

DISTURBED said:
ra9e3une.jpg

Could this have been done on the ramp from the boat being pulled out of the water a bit fast?
  :smile29:

Disturbed

jimsplace said:
DISTURBED said:
ra9e3une.jpg

Could this have been done on the ramp from the boat being pulled out of the water a bit fast?
  :smile29:

Nope.

mr rogers

whats crazy is its not at a weld at all. clean break must have had a small stress crack their already. at least it didnt happen on my way home from cali. somewhere out in the middle of nowhere desert land. :smile16:

spd500

Just me , but there is no way I could trust that trailer again even after it was welded back up . It could be a bad batch of steel from the mill . There are boat trailers all over the place for not too much money . Just get another trailer and know that its not going to happen again . Or maybe have it xrayed , but I am not sure what that would cost .

WAFOBABY

Damn mike glad u made it hm safe.  Thats crazy it broke clean and smooth.  Put a peace in behind it and have it welded back up. 

KONA77

I've seen many trailers break in that very place,  most of them meaning all that i've seen are trailers that do not have bow rests on the trailer,  with a bow rest the boat makes the trailer stiffer and reduces the flex between the ball on the truck and the axles on the trailer.  good luck with the repair

ChryslerJet

Knotty said:
Duct Tape
lol
jk

I used to do frame repairs back when and can give you tips on how to repair it or how to have it repaired so that it is stronger than new.  Even if you have someone else repair it then you can look it over to make sure the repair was done right.

Devilman

DISTURBED said:
There's some pretty rough roads between here and Tawakoni.

Yeah there is, couple stretches of road goin up there last year had me grittin my teeth pretty good. Plan on goin over mine this winter.

Hope the repairs to yours & Mr. Rogers trailers are not too bad.

KONA77

HellinnFrnt said:
use square stock for bar Tim it won't do that. Did it have rear ties on it ? Or justa bungie ?

fix it in two words.......    BOW REST  crazy.gif

then you can secure the bow properly  :smile16: