Boat Insurance ??

Becket

Who What Where? I want to Insure my Sled, any input on this, Like who will and who do you suggest?  think.gif

spd500

There was a thread around here not too long ago about this, but not sure where.long story short, there were a few guys that managed to insure their boats.  And Outlawjet actually got an insurance company to pay out on a claim on one of his boats. I will try to find a link.

Becket

spd500 said:
There was a thread around here not too long ago about this, but not sure where.long story short, there were a few guys that managed to insure their boats.  And Outlawjet actually got an insurance company to pay out on a claim on one of his boats. I will try to find a link.
Thanks.

Crusader

Are you or an immediate family member a US armed forces veteran?? If so, I'd check out USAA.

I will get back with you on some other boating insurance companies I know of.

73 Sanger Flat

Good luck with getting insurance if you have over the transom headers , high horsepower , tunnel hull  or an air entrapment hull .. You might get it , but if you ever need to make a claim , good luck .. Steve ( jetboat ) went threough this when his son got burned on his jetboat with a 460 ford / headers .. They denied his claim ..

Becket

Crusader said:
Are you or an immediate family member a US armed forces veteran?? If so, I'd check out USAA.

I will get back with you on some other boating insurance companies I know of.
Yes I am. Thanks.

WAFOBABY

Try Progressive Ins I showed them pic and everything just so they would know and told them about what it would cost to replace it and they said they would do it I dont remember how much it was a month...  I was calling around then got busy with other stuff and put it on the back burner...          my brother went threw farmers INS and put coverage on his as well let me know if yall want the info to his agent...

FormulaZR

Anyone have any advice on who can insure a tunnel hull cat? Progressive, State Farm, and Geico all said no....

Open engine, but injected through transom headers.

Drumzilla

I tried on my last boat but because of the horsepower and speed of the boat no one would.. And if you do find someone who will it's probably crazy expensive.. good luck.. my 2 cents...

duanehydro

If you keep your boat on your property, it's possible your homeowners insurance will cover the boat as well as occupants, at the lake. I pay $140 a year through farmers, and it covers up to 30,000 per passenger and they valued my boat at 7200........Ain't much, but it better than most people have, and it's damn cheap. :smile30:

WFO

I know several peeps down here in the Lake Mathis are that have their boat insured thru Progresive. One guy that was pitched out a couple years ago got his HALO flight covered by them.