Boat Cover

Knotty Girl

I have looked for a boat cover for my Baker, cannot find anything that would work.  I found a guy that can make me one, however the only material he uses is that heavy tarp material they use for the top of stock trailers.  This is kind of rubber coated.  The material will not breath but I think there will be enough space for that to happen, pluse I will see if the can install some sort of vents on it.  What do ya'll think?  One thing about it, it should last forever.

spd500

I had a boat cover that was made out of that rubberized stuff , it had flaps like a tent in it with a mesh type material under the flaps .

Disturbed

:smile13: :smile13: :smile13:

Just throw the money down at the upholstery place, tell them what you want and, walk away.  :smile30:

bling.gif bling.gif bling.gif bling.gif

Besides, it'll still be a lot cheaper then what you have in the trailer.......  :smile17:

Devilman

You looking for something to cover it just while parked or something that can be used as a tow cover?

Knotty Girl

Devilman said:
You looking for something to cover it just while parked or something that can be used as a tow cover?

Both maybe.

Tim this guy was less expensive than anyone I found.  I have been calling around for months.  I actually found him on CL.

lil chris

have had a couple boats with the heavy covers like that. you can go to walmart in boat section or any boat store and the have a can with moisture absorbing beads that you just sit on floor of boat and keeps the moisture down under the cover.

Knotty Girl

lil chris said:
have had a couple boats with the heavy covers like that. you can go to walmart in boat section or any boat store and the have a can with moisture absorbing beads that you just sit on floor of boat and keeps the moisture down under the cover.

That would work.

Devilman

I got ya.. Good cover done right, made for the boat, that will hold up to towing... gonna cost. I've heard up around the $1000 range.

Like Tim said, take it in & tell 'em what ya want. But when you do try saying "la la la la I can't hear you la la la" when they start to mention price as it may help distract your wallet from the pain you  are about to inflict upon it, lol! :grin:

Knotty Girl

Devilman said:
I got ya.. Good cover done right, made for the boat, that will hold up to towing... gonna cost. I've heard up around the $1000 range.

Like Tim said, take it in & tell 'em what ya want. But when you do try saying "la la la la I can't hear you la la la" when they start to mention price as it may help distract your wallet from the pain you  are about to inflict upon it, lol! :grin:

I'll be putting $1000 cover on a $500 boat.  :smile16:

spd500

Knotty said:
Patchman said:
I think this will cover your boat!

Wonder what she cost :smile21:

Wonder how much damage she will inflict on the boat trying to cover it  think.gif Custom cover might be cheaper in the long run  :smile30:

Devilman

Knotty said:
I'll be putting $1000 cover on a $500 boat.  :smile16:

lol, ya I don't know about all that... :cheesy:

One thing to think about if gettin a custom made cover for your boat, is that if you make any modifications later it may affect the way the cover fits. Cody's Warhawk came with a nice fitted snap on cockpit cover, but after adding an intercooler, the cover won't fit anymore....  engine is too tall. Just something to think about. :wink: