Bill "Cookieman" Davis is doing well

Borderlinecrazy

Bill had his knee replacement replaced this morning and is doing well. Had to knock him out cause the Doc couldn't find his spine for a block. I know he has a backbone though.

He probably won't remember today but maybe tomorrow we can talk to him. Should be out for about 9 weeks and then back to stack'in. Would be nice if he could make Hydrofest.    :smile22: :smile15:

Devilman

Thanks for the update, we'll keep him in our thoughts for a quick recovery..... Hope things continue to go well... :smile15:

C

CorDog009

Hope the recovery is fast and as painless as possible  :smile15: I'll keep your family in my prayers.

Borderlinecrazy

Just talked to Bill and he said he feels great, is not on pain meds and no longer hooked up to anything. Said if everything continues to go well he will be home saturday for sure. Has already been up walking and giving the nurses hell.  :smile15: :smile17: :smile17:

Looks like everything is going well and it's about time.  :smile22: :smile22:

Cookieman

Well I survived the surgery and everything seems ok. I went in to surgery room and they stuck me 7 times in the back for a spinal block. Man did that hurt, I guess i passed out for I don't remember much after that. I could stay awake on Tuesday , don't remember much other than when they came to change the leg dressing. The nurse pulled back the covers and I look like a stuck pig. I think I made a mess of things and had to be cleaned up. I have really done well this time and have used very little pain pills. I went home on Friday and evrything was ok until Sat. morn. for breakfast. I have been a little sick and my back is sore. I think I am hungry but eat very little once it is is front of me. My leg feels better now than it did before surgery, the doc put a nice heavy duty chevy parts in. I have in home thearpy starting on Monday. I think this my have fixed me up. I will be home for about 4 to 6 weeks. I am no going to push it. I want to be done with this knee stuff. I just want to get back to some kind of normal life again. Looks like the site is doing great and it seems we have a big year planned ahead of us. Everyone take care and we will be on the boards a
little more the next few weeks.

Devilman

Cookieman said:
the doc put a nice heavy duty chevy parts in.

But, isn't your Chevy broke down? :huh: :grin: Maybe it was some Blue Oval parts they put in there this time that finally got you right.  :smile12:  :smile13: J/K

We're all just glad to hear that things are going well & that you are on the road to recovery. :smile15: Lookin forward to seein ya this April.