Been Playing with Pinstripes

spd500

I am learning how to do some pinstriping , it's really pretty cool . Here are some pics of my stuff so far . It is still not perfect , but I think its coming along .

ChryslerJet

it looks pretty good.  The spade looks a lot better than the other one.  There is a lot of imbalance in the first one but still from a distance it would look real good.  Good first few trys that your sharing.  Its always tough to learn a new skill and pinstriping is definitely a skill.

Crusader

that does look good......kind of a little early in the year for those colors.....but the striping does look good.

spd500

I am actually practicing to be able to do some pinstripe flames on another project I have in the works . But I have been playing with all different kinds of designs and different kinds of brushes . Those two were done with a Mack #000 pinstriping sword , it is the smallest brush they make .

ChryslerJet

the flames might be real good and they are easier to do since there is less symmetry needed.  The other one looks real good just looks like you have a little bit to work on when bringing the lines to a point for the symmetry to work. 

Not saying I could do any better but I know what to look for in good work just trying to help yea get better at what your trying to do.

spd500

There is actually a little tool that you can use to clean up the tips of the lines and areas were the brush bristles get out of line , but I don't have one . All of these are just done on a piece of glass learning how to do the stripes and wiped off right after I finsh them , I think once I get some practice I will be fairly decent at it . But the flames are actually alot harder because you have to be able to do almost a complete circle and the brushes don't like to make that tight of curves .

77Jet Star

ChryslerJet said:
JETSTAR said:
ChryslerJet said:
JETSTAR said:
Now thats more like it CJ and Speed
I thought that was you and TTJ when I saw it. The one on the right is TTJ your little slave brother.
Thats what you get for trying to think  :smile26:
Oh I wasn't trying.  You know what happens when you try don't you!!??  Just ask Yoda!
Why dont you go waste some time working on that junkass Chrysler boat and less time trying to hang with the big boys.  whatever.gif

ChryslerJet

JETSTAR said:
ChryslerJet said:
JETSTAR said:
ChryslerJet said:
JETSTAR said:
I thought that was you and TTJ when I saw it. The one on the right is TTJ your little slave brother.
Oh I wasn't trying.  You know what happens when you try don't you!!??  Just ask Yoda!
Why dont you go waste some time working on that junkass Chrysler boat and less time trying to hang with the big boys.  whatever.gif
You wanna pay me to work closer to home or to sit on my a$$ where I can work on the boat? I'll take it but until that happens you'll have to deal with me and share the space cause I ain't goin' nowhere.  And since the boats 40 miles away It ain't gettin' no work done on it right now.  If all goes well the motor goes back together this weekend though.

77Jet Star

ChryslerJet said:
JETSTAR said:
ChryslerJet said:
JETSTAR said:
ChryslerJet said:
JETSTAR said:
You wanna pay me to work closer to home or to sit on my a$$ where I can work on the boat? I'll take it but until that happens you'll have to deal with me and share the space cause I ain't goin' nowhere.  And since the boats 40 miles away It ain't gettin' no work done on it right now.  If all goes well the motor goes back together this weekend though.
If I payed you what you were worth you would starve to death

ChryslerJet

JETSTAR said:
ChryslerJet said:
JETSTAR said:
ChryslerJet said:
JETSTAR said:
ChryslerJet said:
JETSTAR said:
Well wouldn't that make you happy since your so adamant about wanting to get rid of me.  Like I said your stuck dealing with me.
:smile26:
:smile20:
:smile17:

77Jet Star

ChryslerJet said:
JETSTAR said:
ChryslerJet said:
JETSTAR said:
ChryslerJet said:
JETSTAR said:
ChryslerJet said:
JETSTAR said:
Well wouldn't that make you happy since your so adamant about wanting to get rid of me.  Like I said your stuck dealing with me.
:smile26:
:smile20:
:smile17:
I'll deal with ya the same way I dealt with Curly Jefferson.