BBF oil pan Glasstron

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a specific oil pan for a BBF to fit the three point mount in a Carlson? Everything we are digging up, hits the mount.  think.gif

Disturbed

I ran into the same problem with the Caribbean.  You may need to find a Harman Marine part number.  It might be some sort of old Cobra Jet pan.  The Chevy pan in the Caribbean was an old vette pan. 

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
DISTURBED said:
I ran into the same problem with the Caribbean.  You may need to find a Harman Marine part number.  It might be some sort of old Cobra Jet pan.  The Chevy pan in the Caribbean was an old vette pan.
I'll check into that! think.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
The pan went to the machine shop, but didn't come back. It was rusted out anyway. So we are looking for a pan. Tried a car pan, but the three point mount doesn't  clear an 8" deep pan. I can modify it if need be. The other thing we need to look at was he tried the mounts out of my Sanger, not the ones that came out of the Glastron. think.gif

Devilman

Patchman said:
The pan went to the machine shop, but didn't come back. It was rusted out anyway. So we are looking for a pan. Tried a car pan, but the three point mount doesn't  clear an 8" deep pan. I can modify it if need be. The other thing we need to look at was he tried the mounts out of my Sanger, not the ones that came out of the Glastron. think.gif

now the truth comes out.. c'mon mannnnn :rolleyes: :cheesy:

duanehydro

would a truck pan like this work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dorman-Oil-Pan-Steel-Black-Ford-F250-F350-F450-7-5L-460-Each-264-019-/370742550922?hash=item5651fa618a&item=370742550922&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

this is like what  kenny gave me...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-460-OIL-PAN-PUMP-PICKUP-/290864711515?hash=item43b8e3475b&item=290864711515&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

problem with this pan is it's 10" deep in the center...

KONA77

the last glastron i've work on that needed a pan that's what i found out,  now that was for a 302,  but check anyway,  never know

blazeracer

Mine HAD a front sump pan out of Lincoln when it had the 460 in it. A rear sump pan would have to be 6" or less. But that was with the Glastron motor mount.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Got a car pan for it. Now he just needs to bring the boat over to trial fit it! :smile16: