BBC guys ... what is it?

HellinnFrnt

the guy that built it 12 years ago can't remember for sure he "thinks" it's a 427 hi perf.

head #'s
3964291 Hi Perf  A1472  GM3T (clock thingy pointing at 2 oclock)  has "Trinary 621" stamped on ends of heads
block #'s
3904351  Hi Perf GM1

Weiand 7513 intake

DSCN1152.jpg

spd500

The block is a 1967 427  ,could be 2 or 4 bolt main
Heads are : rectangle port, closed chamber, 396, 402, 427, 454, 109cc chambers, Large or small hex spark plugs used, crate motor usage after 1970.

3964291....69-72...rect..CLOSED..396, 402, 427, 454, 109cc chamber, Large or small hex spark plugs used, crate motor usage in years after 1970.

3904351....427.......67......2 or 4 bolt

HellinnFrnt

I've made me some custom parts for BBC !!!  How many of you guys want to buy them ???  clap.gif

Valve settings were all over the place on intakes 10-21  21-23 on exhaust not so bad. What say you on .016 intake .022 exhaust ? solid flat cam with .600 ish lift  (580-610 with my crappy measuring stick) opinions ? other than pulling the motor to get to the plug to check cam numbers that may or may not be there? 

Disturbed

Comp Cams Xtreme energy solid roller cams have a much tighter clearance than most.  Mine is .016 intake and .018 exhaust. You really need to know the exact cam in order to get it correct.  :smile30:

Becket

DISTURBED said:
Comp Cams Xtreme energy solid roller cams have a much tighter clearance than most.  Mine is .016 intake and .018 exhaust. You really need to know the exact cam in order to get it correct.  :smile30:
Orrrrr..........Make more Custom BBC parts  :smile14:

ChryslerJet

HellinnFrnt said:
I've made me some custom parts for BBC !!!  How many of you guys want to buy them ???  clap.gif

Valve settings were all over the place on intakes 10-21  21-23 on exhaust not so bad. What say you on .016 intake .022 exhaust ? solid flat cam with .600 ish lift  (580-610 with my crappy measuring stick) opinions ? other than pulling the motor to get to the plug to check cam numbers that may or may not be there?
Most people try not to bend push rods maybe that's whats wrong we all need to get bent pushrods oh wait I don't drive a chevy nevermind.

Disturbed

You're right CJ.  I don't think your keyboard has any chance of throwing a rod or bending a pushrod any time soon.. 

KONA77

DISTURBED said:
You're right CJ.  I don't think your keyboard has any chance of throwing a rod or bending a pushrod any time soon..

but he might get a cramp in his fingers  :grin:

KONA said:
DISTURBED said:

but he might get a cramp in his fingers  :grin:

aaahahahahahahahaha...........  :grin: :grin: :grin: thats not nice!  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: funny as hell though! Motivation brotha! :smile30:

Crusader

DISTURBED said:

Unless of course, he considers his fingers as pushrods????

Crusader said:
DISTURBED said:

Unless of course, he considers his fingers as pushrods????

He might.... You never know! He might set there and move his fingers real fast and make that sound, you know!! vroom...... Vroom....... Vrooooooommmm.....  :grin: :smile30:

73 Sanger Flat

HellinnFrnt said:

My roller cam wss set 26 and 28.. So I set them cold at 20 and 22 .. That is with an iron block and  aluminum heads ..If you plan on setting them cold , you have to take in consideration what block and heads you have , or set them when the engine is hot .. i believe the aluminum heads and iron block will grow .06 ..