Barn Find

customtouch

Well sort of a barn find. It is my parents boat that I brought back from NM. They bought it brand new in 1994 and I doubt if it even has 100hrs on it. It has lived most of its life in in a shed and has been sitting untouched in storage for the last 10 years. They finally came to the conclusion that they probably wouldn't ever use it again so I brought it back to clean up and sell for them. Now I am debating on whether or not I should keep it because it is just too nice of a boat and virtually brand new. I plan on doing a full service on it and run it for a little while before I decide but if anyone is looking for a fully loaded and mint fish & ski type boat,  call me and we can discuss it.

Crusader

Wow! I was looking for a boat exactly like this one just a few years back.....

Ya know, since it's your parents and they've had it for so long, wouldn't it have sentimental value?

customtouch

Yea Cliff, there is a certain amount of sentimental value there ......... but with all the projects I have going on right now........my money is starting to have a huge amount of sentimental value to me too. LOL!!! If I buy this one then I would have to sell the Glastron and I am pretty deep into that one now. I just need to figure out which one I would rather have and that will be a tough decision because each one has it's advantages and I like them both!!

Devilman

Good looking boat there, shouldn't have a problem selling it. If you decide not to keep it that is. :grin:

customtouch

Patchman said:
You parents have some cool toys! :smile17:

Ya they do. I brought this back and sold it for them a few weeks ago. After the boat is gone they have a practically new 5th wheel I will probably try to sell for them. They also have a low mile Explorer custom van but I have ready claimed dibs on it.  LOL!!

customtouch

Patchman said:
clap.gif It looks brand new as well!  :smile17:

Yep, it was. He has a 2004 3/4ton pick up with 30,000 miles on it too but he won't turn loose of it. These were all toys they bought several years back when they were real active and enjoying life. They are getting in their low and mid 80's now and slowing down quite a bit so they have decided to liquidate the toys they no longer use.

customtouch

Well, I had a full service done on the motor including new water pump & fluids and all the mechanic kept say was "Man this engine looks like it just came out of the box!!"  It still has the original spark plugs in it because they have the black factory overspray paint on them. Took it out to Travis yesterday for a test run and it ran flawless. Now I am going through the pro's and con's of which one to keep but I am leaning toward keeping the Glastron just because it is more my style and I don't really see myself doing enough fishing to justify keeping it. It was definatly weird to me driving a boat around and looking over a trolling motor on the bow!!!!  LOL!!!

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
customtouch said:
Well, I had a full service done on the motor including new water pump & fluids and all the mechanic kept say was "Man this engine looks like it just came out of the box!!"  It still has the original spark plugs in it because they have the black factory overspray paint on them. Took it out to Travis yesterday for a test run and it ran flawless. Now I am going through the pro's and con's of which one to keep but I am leaning toward keeping the Glastron just because it is more my style and I don't really see myself doing enough fishing to justify keeping it. I was definatly weird to me driving a boat around and looking over a trolling motor on the bow!!!!  LOL!!!
Right, the Glastron is more your style I do believe! plus you have been pouring your heart and soul into it! :smile30:

customtouch

Patchman said:
customtouch said:
Well, I had a full service done on the motor including new water pump & fluids and all the mechanic kept say was "Man this engine looks like it just came out of the box!!"  It still has the original spark plugs in it because they have the black factory overspray paint on them. Took it out to Travis yesterday for a test run and it ran flawless. Now I am going through the pro's and con's of which one to keep but I am leaning toward keeping the Glastron just because it is more my style and I don't really see myself doing enough fishing to justify keeping it. I was definatly weird to me driving a boat around and looking over a trolling motor on the bow!!!!  LOL!!!
Right, the Glastron is more your style I do believe! plus you have been pouring your heart and soul into it! :smile30:

I wouldn't say heart and sole but I have definatly dumped a chit load of time and money!!!! :smile30: :grin:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
That's probably a more realistic description, I know it's CJ who has been investing his heart and soul in his boats! :smile26: :smile28:

ChryslerJet

Patchman said:
That's probably a more realistic description, I know it's CJ who has been investing his heart and soul in his boats! :smile26: :smile28:
More like blood sweat and tears but mostly sweat.

Disturbed

ChryslerJet said:
Patchman said:
More like blood sweat and tears but mostly sweat.

When you sweat, there's always results.  Where's the results?  think.gif

customtouch

Let me break down the whole "blood, sweat, & tears" thing for you:

Blood:  from his wife beating him for spending money on the boat

Sweat:  from worrying she is going to beat him again

Tears:  from when she does

:smile30:  :grin:

Disturbed

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif