Bad alternator

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well I fired up the Ol Fountain yesterday, and the alternator is no worky! So it looks like it is time to convert it over to a new marine 1 wire! jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif

customtouch

It's about time you ran that thing a little. I have an engine on a stand that has more run time hours on it than your Fountain.  :smile29: :smile14:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
customtouch said:
It's about time you ran that thing a little. I have an engine on a stand that has more run time hours on it than your Fountain.  :smile29: :smile14:

You are correct sir! And from the pics I saw, you have another engine on a stand that looks like it could be something a little healthy with that power adder! :smile14:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
That sucks , at least you noticed it before going out on the lake..
Been dead on the lake one time, that won't happen again hopefully! crazy.gif

customtouch

Patchman said:
customtouch said:

You are correct sir! And from the pics I saw, you have another engine on a stand that looks like it could be something a little healthy with that power adder! :smile14:

(SUPER SECRET SQUIRREL STUFF)  but the "adder" you speak of should have looked very familiar to you!

Devilman

DrumZilla said:
Steve you need to show the Hawaiian some love... :smile27:

Steve has a Hawaiian, when did get a that? think.gif That's just what he needs, another project...  :smile28:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well with new alternator and new exhaust bellows, the boat is at the lake! This is the earliest I have been on the water in a long time!  jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif

Crusader

Thanks to Duane Hydro many years ago, I bought a 105 Amp Marine one wire from DB Electrical. The are very reasonable and my alternator is going on 8 years old now....no problems.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Crusader said:
Thanks to Duane Hydro many years ago, I bought a 105 Amp Marine one wire from DB Electrical. The are very reasonable and my alternator is going on 8 years old now....no problems.

I bought the DB alternator, and I have bought many starters from them as well. :smile17:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well we took the boat out yesterday. And then there was this!
:smile25:

Attachments

• 20200426_173007.jpg
    20200426_173007.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 29

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
A direct result of this! :smile15:

But it didn't hurt anything that I can tell as of yet. :smile14:

Attachments

• 20200426_180324.jpg
    20200426_180324.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 66

Devilman

The ol' Hawaiian wouldn't have had that problem :smile16: Glad you made it in, that your dad towing ya?

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, it was the tow of shame with pops and his toon! He was happy that it didn't happen a little earlier when we where all in the boat on the opposite side of the lake! Timing is everything! :smile14:

FL350

Administrator
I've seen that happen, I don't know how many times. We sell a stainless one. I promise you it will never crack!