Anyone going to Somerville Labor day weekend

ChryslerJet

Someone should get Knotty one of these so maybe he won't forget to untie it.  :smile30:

I think I have some spikes that are better than those & I could make a few sand spikes out of.

spd500

Mine was a little one like this . It was good for beaching the boat , but not for out in open water .
is.aspx

ChryslerJet

spd500 said:
Mine was a little one like this . It was good for beaching the boat , but not for out in open water .
is.aspx

I have several of those without the T at the Top just weld on the T or make a removable handle an powder coat them and they should be good to use and fit under almost any back seat.

KONA77

ChryslerJet said:
spd500 said:
is.aspx

I have several of those without the T at the Top just weld on the T or make a removable handle an powder coat them and they should be good to use and fit under almost any back seat.

i'll stick with my anchor,  personally have proved it in 70 mph winds and 7' waves....  right there in the same cove we were hangin out in.....

Knotty Girl

ChryslerJet said:
Someone should get Knotty one of these so maybe he won't forget to untie it.  :smile30:

I think I have some spikes that are better than those & I could make a few sand spikes out of.
Never forgot to untie it I just hung it with speedo tube.

ChryslerJet

Knotty said:
ChryslerJet said:

Never forgot to untie it I just hung it with speedo tube.
Ah gotcha but you have given new meaning to draggin anchor
:smile23:

Devilman

As much as I'd like to get back to Somerville again, doubt it will be on Labor Day weekend. Holiday weekends at the lake is likely to just raise my blood pressure, lol... Probably be flyin local somewhere. :wink:

Far as that anchor spike deal, Gary/Stickman made it. Pretty trick set-up & seemed to hold his boat well while the wind was up.

I've never had a problem with my fluke anchor, just need more line for deep water.

stickman07

47355fa2-2152-b3a4.jpg

47355fa2-2161-58e5.jpg

Here's the spikes I made. Search on e-bay for dock post auger. The rest is PVC and bolts. 4' long PVC & they work great. I've had 3 boats tied to one in 15-20 mph wind and held for 4 hrs. Do t even use the anchor anymore. Sand shark makes a really cool one but pricy.

Sent from my iPhone 4S bought with UNION Dollars ! 🇺🇸🚒

Becket

$20 Bux from Homo Depot, Must work perty good, they are always in the ground after a Tornado! The Trailer house is gone, But the Anchors are still there!  :smile16:

Attachments

• 266f372d-f738-47f3-8ec6-7937369d280a_300[1].jpg
    266f372d-f738-47f3-8ec6-7937369d280a_300[1].jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 38

stickman07

Gas-Hole said:
$20 Bux from Homo Depot, Must work perty good, they are always in the ground after a Tornado! The Trailer house is gone, But the Anchors are still there!  :smile16:
That's true, but have fun screwing em in under water, then finding em later.

Jet Star, I built 6 & have 2 left. Sold the other 4 for $50 ea. fixin to order about 6 more augers.

stickman07

BTW, I tried the earth anchors, got it at tractor supply for $15 bucks, no work for crap. It'll be going to the ranch for something.

Becket

stickman07 said:
Gas-Hole said:
That's true, but have fun screwing em in under water, then finding em later.

Jet Star, I built 6 & have 2 left. Sold the other 4 for $50 ea. fixin to order about 6 more augers.

Never, It was put up as a joke, I found (not hit) one screwed in in East bay Matagorda! it would SUCK to hit one of those hidden under water!