anybody want a vdrive? 1972 mandella

we were on our way home from the river yesterday and i had a guy flag me down wanting to know if i wanted to buy another vdrive of coarse i said yes, and he described the boat and i asked him if it had sunk at rattlesnake island last year during a storm and he replied yes, any way i am gonna go take a look at it this week if anyone is looking for a project. here are a couple pics my buddy jonathantahiti took that day.

I think maybe it is junk just from listening to the guy talk. I was supposed to go look at it yesterday but the guy told me he wanted to take it to the car wash so I wouldn't lowball him I started laughing told him to take all the academy seats out

vdrivenman

lots of boats get sunk at snake.one july 4th weekend 11 were sank in one afternoon and several the day before. big rollers comer across and if ur in close to the bank with boats behind u and no way out. on vdrives and jets no freeboard.take a few over the transom and she's down.

Becket

Does it cause damage to the drive components when it is sitting on the bottom? I don't know how they are constructed, are they tough enough to not be hurt?  think.gif

Devilman

If it just sat down on soft sandy or muddy bottom, I would think not. Wave action bangin it around who knows.. I wouldn't be comfortable with it.

And then there is the retrieval effort, if it got drug around or not. 

:smile20:

Becket

Devilman said:
If it just sat down on soft sandy or muddy bottom, I would think not. Wave action bangin it around who knows.. I wouldn't be comfortable with it.

And then there is the retrieval effort, if it got drug around or not. 

:smile20:
Thats what I was thinkin, Sure dont want to be draging it out!  :smile20: