Anybody post here anymore?

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Lol. There are a few more than just the two of us. But it has been quiet around here lately. My boats are listed on my signature. I still have all of them. How about you?

Whaler

‘73 Kurtis Runner. Out here at Cedar Creek Lake, northeast Texas. Not a good lake for a FB but it’s usually quiet and more calm during the week. Where do flaties go around here?

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice, Plowman's Creek park in Kopperl TX is where you will probably find the most v-drives. It's part of the Brazos river and Lake Whitney. We have a gathering there April 26-28th. You should go if you are new to the area.

Whaler

Well that sounds like a good time. I will make plans to attend. Any event information rolling out prior or is it just show up and have fun?

Devilman

Pretty much just show up and have fun. If you were gonna be staying overnight, reservations would have to be made ahead of time obviously... Plowman's park has campsites. If not camping at the park, the Indian Lodge is not far away, maybe 10 minute drive to the park? They have rooms/cabins. When we go up there, that's what we do... stay at the Lodge and boat down to the park. It's around 6-7 miles down river from Lodge to park if I remember correctly. (y)

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
It's a river, but not a current where you go at Plowmans. They actually have a sheltered cove area to hang out in. More like a lake setting with nice water! Usually two anchors work for those who don't beach up.

Crusader

Thank you Crusader, I’ve not anchored a flat anywhere. What gear do you recommend to keep a flat anchored in a river like the Brazos?
Like Steve said, it's a nice cove right off of Plowmans state park. You'll be fine to anchor bow out with an anchor on the bow and one on the stern.

jimsplace

Plowman's is a great place to meet up for special occasions, but most of the V-Drives gather at Steele Creek Park during warmer weather. Plowman's offers some protection from wind out of the North, while Steele Creek offers protection from Southerly winds. Both are at the North end of Lake Whitney and on the Brazos river part.

Whaler

Plowman's is a great place to meet up for special occasions, but most of the V-Drives gather at Steele Creek Park during warmer weather. Plowman's offers some protection from wind out of the North, while Steele Creek offers protection from Southerly winds. Both are at the North end of Lake Whitney and on the Brazos river part.
Thanks for the info. I’ll plan accordingly. Noise police in the area?

Whaler

Good to know, thank you. Presently, I’m sporting open OT Bassets and trying my best to pull the sound down 8-10 db to not draw their attention. I’ve noticed lots of references in older threads to GGB header inserts. Company is alive and well but no longer supporting the marine side like they must’ve in years past. Snow machines are their forte today. I can’t even find pictures of their obsolete header inserts. I’m sensing a business opportunity as this header insert segment seems underserved. Lots of lame insert products out there but nothing available without basically plugging your collector.

Wife and I will be at Plowman’s regardless what the exhaust situation is. I’m working on a couple options and confident I won’t be the loudest boat out there.