any body going to Okmulgee

Carnivalride

big daddy custom boats said:
well lets say a novice boater took the boat out, and now it's sitting in the lake some where ! and nobody can find it! :smile21: :smile21:

Sorry to hear that, good luck on finding it with our mud water around here that can be a real chore unless you have a really good idea where it went down at.

HammerDown

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to let everybody know that we have already started planning next years Hot Boat regatta. Club is having a meeting tomorrow and I'll verify the dates. The side by side action was a hit last year. Hope to have a bigger turn out in 2010. We had about 45 paid on the water with lots of room left.

KONA77

i have family in that area,  wouldn't mind making a road trip if it hit right,  that would blow their mind...

HammerDown

Okmulgee lake is just a few mile west of Hwy 75 as it runs though Okmulgee, we usually work with the state and get the entire front area blocked off to normal lake traffic so there isnt any jet skis or wake board boats throwing 2ft rollers. its a cool deal, have side by side racing, show and shine, radar run, cookout, and the party in the camp grounds is off the hook. lots of good people too.

HammerDown

August 7-9. folks started showing up Thursday and getting camp spots. The camping areas are real nice and there were plenty. Going to try to work out a deal with the state on a different camping area for next year. The one we usually get for everybody is nice, but there is another one that has a little more room and better ramp access.

HammerDown

Yep I'm the guy this year, our former club president stepped down for another obligation, so the masses spoke and I'm the guy.

We made it last year with 2 boats, the SWTD and the tunnelboat ! was a great time for sure! lot's of nice folks... I don't think the SWTD will ever make another event!! It's in water storage in Eufaula .. just sad  :smile21:

HammerDown

Did I meet you? I dont think there was anybody I didnt talk to..LOL

Thats bad news about the water storage, are you going to try to get it back? If its by the dam thats some deep arse water.