Another Race Fuel Question

customtouch

This may be a dumb question but, how important is it to drain race fuel from the carbs when putting up the boat. I have "heard" that race fuel does not have the tendency to gum up or varnish like regular gas but I have also "heard" that the higher octane race fuels contain a certain amount of alcohol which could be pretty aggressive to the carbs. I am not talking real long periods of time here (maybe a month or two) and C-16 fuel. What do you guys normally do?

I've never done mine cars r boats and they have sat for 2-3 months and all fired right up first time!! Depends on if it was boat season r race season lol

customtouch

Thanks for all the responses. I knew that the gas breaking down shouldn't be an issue given the prior conversation we had on here about race gas having a 2-3 year shelf life, but I was not sure about how corrosive the real high octane gas would be if it contained a lot of alcohol. I was trying to factor in all the elements to make the decision on whether to mount the carbs sideways for easy draining or leave them in line. I know there are other factors but that was one of them.

customtouch

FWIW I just got off the phone with VP racing and they told me that very few of their fuels contain alcohol so it is fine to set in the carbs. He said the ones to look out for are the one with ethanol in them and they have an "e" at the end of the number.