another cool boat for sale

Devilman

Only pic I could find of it from that trip. They didn't stay long, I met them on the way up to the sandbar as they were headed in.

IMG_0136.JPG

Gotta be the same one, not that many jet hydros out running around. There was one for sale out of the Houston area, the guy that owns it posts here from time to time, but it wasn't that one.

Only one other that I've heard of & think that one may be one them urban legend whatchamacallits... :grin:

jdeaton

I just asked the wife and she said NO!  I am not giving up yet, maybe I can sell some stuff around here and come up with the money.  Anybody need something?  I may have it.  Come on, help a brother out.  Everyone needs three boats, what if two of them break?

Boy if that was a V-Drive I would be all over that. For those who may not know V-Drive = Propeller.
I have sort of had an eye out for a good V-Drive hydro.

blazeracer

Captin Hazlewood said:
Boy if that was a V-Drive I would be all over that. For those who may not know V-Drive = Propeller.
I have sort of had an eye out for a good V-Drive hydro.

Also for those who don't know, V-Drive = SLOW!! Jet is the only way to go.

LOL.. Just pokin fun at you V-drive guys...

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Any chance this is a scam?  I just got an email back from the owner saying something about using OTP services to sell the boat since they are out of town.  Does anyone know who owned the when it was for sale in Bay City?

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Pretty sure it is a scam.  Posting has been flagged for removal.

The email I received:

The boat is not sold yet . It is in outstanding condition . There are no structural or electrical problems with this boat. Both hull and interior in nice condition .No mechanical issues with this engine at all. It starts easily and restart easily all day. It has ALWAYS been properly maintained and never run hard or abused. the boat gets it's oil changed twice a year. For the winter, the boat always gets acid washed on the bottom to remove any algee ..Trailer is in very nice condition and the tires are almost new with plenty of tread left.  The seats and all the interior is in like new condition and has no fading, tears, stains ,mildew etc. It has a clear and clean title, free of all liens and encumberances.
I have to let you know that i left town a few days ago because i have to help my daughter organize her wedding, and i may stay here a while, but this is no problem because i`ll sell it through OTP services. I guess you used OTP before, if you didn`t let me know because i met people that never used it and i will explain how it works in detail. I want to sell it now because i need the money for my daughters wedding so if you are interested in buying it now let me know

Very similar story here.
http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/board/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=64029&posts=2&start=1

Devilman

That description oozes "scam" to me.... Never met the guy though that had it at the Bay City deal. May shoot Roger (Kona) or Mike (Turboed TX20) a pm, since they are from there. They may know something.

As nice a boat as it is/was... with that response, I'd be steerin clear.. :tongue:

Biggest clue is him sayin he's helping his daughter organize her wedding, bullshit...  in real life, all "dad" would want to know about that is what time does it start & where its at so he can be on time..  :rolleyes: lol :laugh:

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Definite scam.  I told them to call Jim and this is the reply:

I'm pleased you are still interested. My best price is 3500 Like i said before i'll explain the Online Trade Point concept,
their website is www.onlinetradepoint.com . They are a chain of ebay drop off stores and they offer their services for craigslist users too. I left the boat in their possession when i left and intended to sell it when i got back (if you ask why i'm selling it now when i'm not around), but the wedding costs too much and i need to sell it now to help my daughter get married.. They will take care of shipping, payment and  title transfer(it is already signed by me and notarized so they are empowered to do this ). So if you want to purchase the boat, all you have to do is to register on their website. After you are registered with them an invoice will be sent to you. There you will find out more details about this sale like how to complete the payment, shipping process, insurance,etc .Afterward you have to complete the payment. They receive the payment and start the shipping process. You receive the boat and you have 10 days to inspect it and see if it's exactly as described. If you decide to keep it, you let them know and they will transfer the payment to me, if you decide to return it, they will give you a full refund back and return the item on my cost. So you can be sure the boat is exactly as described because i wouldn't sell something that i know it will be returned and loose extra money. The shipping cost is already included in the price listed on craigslist so you don't have to worry about that. The process is very simple, it probably looks a little complicated from what i explained but it's not and for a better understanding of how their service works you can check out their "Selling on Craigslist" page. I would advise you to read the Selling on Craigslist page before you register so you can be sure you understand how the process works. Let me know if you are still interested and if you have questions please ask, no problem. Also, if you don't want to register on their website for any reason, you can send me your full name and shipping address and i will forward it to them, but it's better if you register yourself.

Thank you

PS: I am sorry for the long email but i couldn't explain the process in less words.

Knotty Girl

When it was on Houston's Craig's List it was $12500.  I hate crap like this.  Anything you do now days it it buyer beware unless you know them or know someone that does.

blazeracer

I'm thinking the scammer hijacked the pics and posted the ad without the actual owner having any idea it ever happened.