75 Wriedt

InOverMyHead

Anyone down south know of this boat? Not a fan of the colors but if it is in the condition he describes I may ditch the glastron project and throw my motor in this....

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/4125314623.html

veestyle

The guy who made those is down the road from me. cool old guy. I like that better than the asstron. see if he'll take $1500 for it. look real real close at the wood and stringers. rarely are they ever "solid". my .02

InOverMyHead

I was wondering if that was the same place. Yeah I understand them never being solid but if I can get it in the right price range I can beat CJ to the water. I love the glastron but I can make my money back just selling the windshield and trim.

Decisions decisions...

Devilman

Looks like a big ol' boat. I'm not too fond of the colors myself, but it has nice lines. Without a ton of work, it would probably make a pretty sweet cruiser. It has been on Craigslist for a pretty good while, may help you get it for a good price.

InOverMyHead

Devilman said:
Looks like a big ol' boat.

I was thinking it would make a better boat to use at our place on Texoma plus with my 4yr old momma would feel safer. I sent him an email but need to think a bit on this one.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I looked at it a couple of years ago. It needs lots of work! Had a well used Olds in it, and the interior was shot. Been sitting up for quite some time. It did have a nice Place diverter on it though! :smile30:
Sounds like the last couple of owners have been working on it. think.gif

InOverMyHead

veestyle said:
Any news back from the seller?

Got a few more crappy pictures and no answers to a single question I asked. It looks like its his old lady that is dealing with it. Haven't really pushed it any farther than that.

Seats look good but the 4 inches of water in the engine area are a red flag.

InOverMyHead

KONA said:
any body in H-TOWN willing to take a look at this boat for this guy,  come on guys  :smile21:
Not a huge hurry yet. I'm still recovering from our lovely govt. Shutdown. Plus I would have to ditch the glastron to make room in the drive for it. I think if its in decent shape I would be a far cry better off than I am right now. Trying to soften the wife up to this right now.

veestyle

If you could bribe a Houstonite a case of malty ones to go check it out it would be worth the case of beer for sure.