75 Taylor SJ project

Waynesworld

Finally get'in time to post a couple pics of our boat. It is a joint effort of Wayne (waynesworld) and Aubrey (odiediver) and Bobby (Fastmedic). Think we will be callin it "Family Affair" or somethin like that!

Its got a long way to go, complete paint job and upholstery and new seat wood, rebuild the berkley jet, new wiring and all new gauges, new cables, then gotta build the mill, and yep, you guessed it, gonna be a CHEBY !!
We'll post progress pics as we go along. As a side note, is there a reliable boat painter within a resonable distance from Aransas Pass? :idk Later
Party on!!![/img]

oldbuck40

Nice find there WW i have a 73 SJ and Taylorman from Louisiana has a 75 or 6 SJ
just some words of wisdom on the SJ,,,if your wanting it to run tripple digits forget it dont even start this project! this hull will not do 90 very safe,,,you cant imagine the pucker factor! lol but if its just going to be a lake boat it will make a damn fine one!!! ::-D
Waynesworld said:
Finally get'in time to post a couple pics of our boat. It is a joint effort of Wayne (waynesworld) and Aubrey (odiediver) and Bobby (Fastmedic). Think we will be callin it "Family Affair" or somethin like that!

Its got a long way to go, complete paint job and upholstery and new seat wood, rebuild the berkley jet, new wiring and all new gauges, new cables, then gotta build the mill, and yep, you guessed it, gonna be a CHEBY !!
We'll post progress pics as we go along. As a side note, is there a reliable boat painter within a resonable distance from Aransas Pass? :idk Later
Party on!!![/img]

I

inapicklenow

he isn't looking for triple digits he is just looking to run 70- 80 right now. family boat,with a quad turbo,intercooled,twin blowers,injected,on alcohol 689 cubic inch DART with 500 shot of nitrous.also with methanol injection.

slowboat

inapicklenow said:
he isn't looking for triple digits he is just looking to run 70- 80 right now. family boat,with a twin turbo,intercooled,blown,injected,on alcohol 689 cubic inch DART with 500 shot of nitrous.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) 70-80 ::) ::) ::) ::) with that motor ::) ::) ::) it will run way faster than he wants to go in it...................

Waynesworld

Hey yall, in case you aint figured it out, Randall is off his meds again. The mill is just a 454 with 781's and big valves, Xtreme marine comp cam, a used 750 cfm to start with and prolly around 9.5 to 1's. Hopefully we'll see around 45 or 50 mph!!! :idk We are really looking for a painter. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. We are doing all the sanding and glass work now but we are not set up to do painting. We also have the seats completely rebuilt with new wood, but we need someone to do the upholstery. Any suggestions there? More pics later.
Later all, (Randall get back on the meds!!), PARTY ON !!!

Waynesworld

Yea, RIGHT !! What'sup Randall? Hey while you are over there in east Texas, see if you can find me a painter or an upholstery man. Summers comming fast and I'm not going to make it. By the way, when you are home this weekend, come on over and help with the sanding!LOL, just kiddin. ::grin: Later, PARTY ON!!!

Devilman

Waynesworld said:
We also have the seats completely rebuilt with new wood, but we need someone to do the upholstery. Any suggestions there?

Deluxe Auto Top & Trim in Victoria did mine. We built new seat frames as the old stuff was rotten. Took the frames to Dwight at Deluxe. New foam, new marine grade vinyl, all stainless hardware, assembled & ready to put in the boat very reasonable, under a grand....

I don't have any pics that show the old stuff clearly, but this is how they came out....
new_driverseat2.jpg

new_seats3.jpg

river28.jpg

oldbuck40

Get hold of Greaser! his cuz has a paint shop in Caldwell and has done several boats! i know sombody has a picture of Ricky's boat!
Waynesworld said:
Hey yall, in case you aint figured it out, Randall is off his meds again. The mill is just a 454 with 781's and big valves, Xtreme marine comp cam, a used 750 cfm to start with and prolly around 9.5 to 1's. Hopefully we'll see around 45 or 50 mph!!! :idk We are really looking for a painter. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. We are doing all the sanding and glass work now but we are not set up to do painting. We also have the seats completely rebuilt with new wood, but we need someone to do the upholstery. Any suggestions there? More pics later.
Later all, (Randall get back on the meds!!), PARTY ON !!!

Waynesworld

Blender Man said:
blender man can take of your paint ::-D ::-D ::D

::-D Hey Blender man, good deal, Ill get with you in the near future or I'll get with you at Coleto, if you are going. We still have the entire bottom and transom to sand, and a few dings and a nasty crack to deal with. We're trying to get all the sanding done to get toe old paint and clear off, and to check the 'glass under it. We'll get back with you later, thanks. PARTY ON !!!