70 chevelle

jdeaton

I'm looking to buy a 70 Chevelle, and the guy that built it is a friend on mine  of at work.  He is going to Saudi Arabia to fly for Aramco, and doesn't want to pay storage for 5 years while he's over there.  Because I had shown some interest in the car as he was building it, He asked me if I wanted to buy it.  He went through an extensive list of problems he knew the car had, which most of them are small items.  The one area that bothers me is in the trunk area floor, after driving the car for a period of time, there is rust dust on the floor.  He said it was coming from the bottom side of the package tray (the area behind the rear seat back and the bottom of the back glass).  My question to you is How bad is this? It is a Hot Rod and not a numbers matching car.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
If the price is right, them Chevelles have a big following. Except if he wants to buy it back later on. think.gif

jdeaton

The price is Right.  I have talked to him (the builder) and a guy that does restorations in Brenham (Fatboys) and between the two I feel certain it's not a deal breaker.  I will call David later today and get his opinion. Here's a good shot of the rust dust in the trunk.

Knotty Girl

DiamondJim said:
The price is Right.  I have talked to him (the builder) and a guy that does restorations in Brenham (Fatboys) and between the two I feel certain it's not a deal breaker.  I will call David later today and get his opinion. Here's a good shot of the rust dust in the trunk.

Hard to tell from a pic but that does not look bad  think.gif

The main concern for me would be the window tray. Pull the chrome trim from around the back window and check out the metal the back glass sits on. Once it's gone it's gone! I Have a 1970 El Camino and love it. White with black stripes.

jdeaton

Thank you all for the information.  I am now reassured the problem is not a deal breaker, and the sale was completed today.  Now arranging for delivery.  Omaha Nebraska to Brenham Texas.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
DiamondJim said:
Thank you all for the information.  I am now reassured the problem is not a deal breaker, and the sale was completed today.  Now arranging for delivery.  Omaha Nebraska to Brenham Texas.
Congrats man! clap.gif

jdeaton

What a lucky guy I am, friend of mine is going to visit his parents in Nebraska, and he's going to drag the car down here with his 250 Ford.  It's all coming together! clap.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Now that it's yours, can we get a pic of the whole car? I've seen enough of the trunk! :smile16: