7 DAYS AT SNOWMASS

TexasJet

Well that's a rap. Skied till 3:30 this afternoon till the light got flat again. Part of me wants to stay another week. $$$$$$$$$$$ ain't gonna happen.  :smile13:

jimsplace

TexasJet said:
Well that's a rap. Skied till 3:30 this afternoon till the light got flat again. Part of me wants to stay another week. $$$$$$$$$$$ ain't gonna happen.  :smile13:

You don't need to come home for a rest yet?
You must be in good shape.
    :smile17:

TexasJet

jimsplace said:
TexasJet said:

You don't need to come home for a rest yet?
You must be in good shape.

Between 30 minutes of cardio and 1 1/2 hrs of weights 3 times a week I was as ready as I could be. It made all the difference in the world.

Knotty Girl

I'm tired and sore just reading about it.  :smile26: I need to work out before race season for sure.  :smile15:

TexasJet

Most people work out when they "have time". That doesn't work in the long run. You have to pick a schedule and that becomes what you do at that time. Everything else is if you "have time". I work out from 3 to 5 pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday. If I'm doing something when 3:00 gets close I stop what I'm doing and go to the gym. Consistency yields results.

jimsplace

Knotty said:
I'm tired and sore just reading about it.  :smile26: I need to work out before race season for sure.  :smile15:

WAX ON - WAX OFF.
You can always polish on the boat.
    bling.gif

jimsplace

:laugh:
[size=10pt]WAX ON - WAX OFF.
You can always polish on the boat.
[/size]

I guess it was a foolish rhetorical thought.
    crazy.gif

KONA77

TexasJet said:
Most people work out when they "have time". That doesn't work in the long run. You have to pick a schedule and that becomes what you do at that time. Everything else is if you "have time". I work out from 3 to 5 pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday. If I'm doing something when 3:00 gets close I stop what I'm doi crazy.gifng and go to the gym. Consistency yields results.

they don't get it  crazy.gif

jimsplace

TexasJet said:
Most people work out when they "have time". That doesn't work in the long run. You have to pick a schedule and that becomes what you do at that time. Everything else is if you "have time". I work out from 3 to 5 pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday. If I'm doing something when 3:00 gets close I stop what I'm doing and go to the gym. Consistency yields results.

I understand what you're talking about and used to do that.  I played racquetball for years and later switched to tennis, or went to the gym almost daily.
What I found interesting is that whenever I did something else that needed to be done, like fertilize the yard or shovel dirt, I'd still get sore as hell in places that I didn't know existed.
It's still that way.

KONA77

jimsplace said:
TexasJet said:

I understand what you're talking about and used to do that.  I played racquetball for years and later switched to tennis, or went to the gym almost daily.
What I found interesting is that whenever I did something else that needed to be done, like fertilize the yard or shovel dirt, I'd still get sore as hell in places that I didn't know existed.
It's still that way.

think.gif