7 DAYS AT SNOWMASS

TexasJet

Simon (the Brit) and I are heading for a week at Snowmass Colorado Saturday morning. For those of you who ski or are interested in skiing I will post pics as we progress through the week. Six days of skiing should get the legs and lungs in shape. No broken collar bone this year, I hope.

TexasJet

I tried to upload a few pics from last year and got a message " your attachment has failed security checks and cannot be uploaded. Please consult the forum administrator. " Soooo, maybe not.

TexasJet

Try again. From last year as Snowmass. Posted these two, one at a time from cell phone.

Attachments

• 0110161008.jpg
    0110161008.jpg
    855.1 KB · Views: 83

Devilman

I haven't snow skied since I was a kid. We attempted it when we visited the daughter in Germany but spent too much time on the "tutorial" to get any real skiing in before we had to leave. Looks like fun for sure. May wanna take it easy with the posing there though.  :smile16:

TexasJet

may wanna take it easy with the posing there though.

Seemed like a good idea at the time.  :smile29:

TexasJet

UGH !!!!! First day on the slopes. Blue sky day on groomed runs. Lots of snow from last week. Hit the hot tub after skiing and feel better.

Devilman

Looks awesome... Skiing what little I did about killed my ankles, lol... We spent some time in the hot tub afterwards as well, was a pretty cool experience, relaxing in a hot tub while it snows on ya....  :smile17:

TexasJet

Day 2 went better. Skied groomed runs most of the day. Weather was warm and sunny. High temp was 40. Went to Aspen for dinner. Most of the shops were closed at 7:00 when we got to town. Steak dinner for two with a bottle of wine and drinks and appetizers and desert, with tip $300.  Downtown was quiet, it was a Monday nite. Simon had to get his boots adjusted. No bunnies at the hot tub.

Attachments

• 0130171100.jpg
    0130171100.jpg
    576 KB · Views: 46

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Man you are an inspiration to us working guys! Way to go Jeff! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

TexasJet

Day 3 pretty much like the previous days. Spring weather and groomed runs. Legs aren't as tired. It got windy in the afternoon. Today we are going to 12500' elevation to see the view. Pics to follow.

TexasJet

I have my own boots. $600. Boots are the most important because they have to fit, no pain. Ski technology changes on the skis and the weather conditions factor in what kind of skis you use. I rent the high end demos. $265 for the week. I could change them every day if I wanted, for no extra cost. If we were skiing on powder I would have longer skis and a little wider. I did change after the first day to a shorter ski for better turn control. It was warm and windy again. We did make the top of the mountain. 3rd pic me (left) and Simon. 4th pic is on top of the mountain. Wind was blowing gusts to 40 mph.

Attachments

• 0201171159.jpg
    0201171159.jpg
    792.7 KB · Views: 29

Devilman

I gotcha. I hear you on the boots. The ones I had in Germany I ended up with some wicked blisters on the sides of my feet. Awesome pics, Jeff...

TexasJet

Not much snow fall. Less than an inch. We skied in "flat light" most of the day. It's a condition that occurs when it's cloudy with no sunshine. Makes it difficult to see subtle ups and downs on the slopes. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same. Last skiing day. Fly back on Saturday.