6.7 Ford

John

truck Took a dump on me this weekend.

i was applying a liberal amount of pressure on the gas pedal, and POP! i blew a Plastic Boost Hose/pipe into pieces

Motor still ran just had no boost which equals no power.

man between the PVC and the EGR the inside of the air tube is GROSS, and slightly oily carbon mess.

i used to talk crap about my old POS chevy, but it never left me on the side of the road.

oh and btw 107K on the motor, conveniently out of warranty.

Devilman

Probably wouldn't have happened if you hadn't put those Interstate batteries in there. :sad:

Seriously though, that sux.

John

yeah pretty reasonable, 440 bucks, i was a little worried when i saw all that crud till i remembered the EPA likes your engines to be a giant smog trap nowadays.

i was worried the turbo had went.

the only explanation i have got is that that it failed due to age/heat.

John

Knotty said:
Did you chip it for more boost?

Bone stock

and it was not so much a hose, more like a plastic intake runner from the turbo to the intercooler

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
John said:
Knotty said:
Did you chip it for more boost?

Bone stock

and it was so much a hose, more like a plastic intake runner from the turbo to the intercooler
I gotcha! Mine is old school with just the rubber hoses. Forgot this is a newer truck with less consumer purchasable parts! crazy.gif

pro53

Yea John, that stuff gets high when its not under warrenty. Thats why I dont have my diesel anymore. I dont know how to work on them , and there pricey. Then now I have something I can work on , and thats all I have been doing  :smile29: Thats what I get for buying a older used truck. I wanted older, just wasnt in the cards at the time.

John

i love the space in the fords, but i kind have my eye on a GMC denali 1/2 ton with a 6.2 L in it , i know it would jerk the Shit out of the boat, but i do pull a camper every now and then.

jimsplace

John said:
i love the space in the fords, but i kind have my eye on a GMC denali 1/2 ton with a 6.2 L in it , i know it would jerk the s*** out of the boat, but i do pull a camper every now and then.

It will. 
I have the Denali big brother with the 6.2 L, and yes it has good power.
When on a two lane country road with the boat there is no trouble passing a slow vehicle.
No need to look as far as I can see and hope there isn't a vehicle coming just past that.
  :smile17:

oldbuck40

pro53 said:
Yea John, that stuff gets high when its not under warrenty. Thats why I dont have my diesel anymore. I dont know how to work on them , and there pricey. Then now I have something I can work on , and thats all I have been doing  :smile29: Thats what I get for buying a older used truck. I wanted older, just wasnt in the cards at the time.
Damn George You sold your 07 ? Thought you loved that truck. Well i can tell you one thing you shot yourself in the foot if you ever want another Diesel. My 2014 Dodge 3500 Cab & Chassie has been in the shop numerous times for the STUPID AZZ DEF system,which all diesels have now,,damn guberment messin with our rides!!!!

I would be happy with an old one ton farm truck of any breed somewhere between the 60's and the late 70's with a old Cummins 12 valve 6 speed and 4x4 and call it good! All the new stuff is total JUNK!

Crusader

A buddy of mine has an '04 Chevy 2500 4X4 super crew cab with 85,000 miles on it, for sale. I think he's asking $23,000. I'm here to tell ya this thing is in mint condition. I'm even thinking about getting it.

oldbuck40

Crusader said:
A buddy of mine has an '04 Chevy 2500 4X4 super crew cab with 85,000 miles on it, for sale. I think he's asking $23,000. I'm here to tell ya this thing is in mint condition. I'm even thinking about getting it.
Yea the wife has an 04 1/2 ton and several of my friends have the same year or either side of the 04 and they ALL are starting to have electrical issues front to rear.

pro53

oldbuck40 said:
pro53 said:
Damn George You sold your 07 ? Thought you loved that truck. Well i can tell you one thing you shot yourself in the foot if you ever want another Diesel. My 2014 Dodge 3500 Cab & Chassie has been in the shop numerous times for the STUPID AZZ DEF system,which all diesels have now,,damn guberment messin with our rides!!!!

I would be happy with an old one ton farm truck of any breed somewhere between the 60's and the late 70's with a old Cummins 12 valve 6 speed and 4x4 and call it good! All the new stuff is total JUNK!

I luved the truck, but got tired of all the issues I was having with A.C's, the transfer case arm shifter fell off, all that holds that in is rubber grommets, you might want to check yours out. And it ate tires and suspension in front. And you need to have cash handy when diesel issues arise. I spen mine to fast  :grin: Just didnt want the hassel of pumps, injectors etc. Now Im just trying to fix everything in this one. But I can work on it

oldbuck40

pro53 said:
oldbuck40 said:
pro53 said:

I luved the truck, but got tired of all the issues I was having with A.C's, the transfer case arm shifter fell off, all that holds that in is rubber grommets, you might want to check yours out. And it ate tires and suspension in front. And you need to have cash handy when diesel issues arise. I spen mine to fast  :grin: Just didnt want the hassel of pumps, injectors etc. Now Im just trying to fix everything in this one. But I can work on it
As long as you can fix it thats one thing! But you know as i do too much electronic stuff just aint good!

jimsplace

[/quote]As long as you can fix it thats one thing! But you know as i do too much electronic stuff just aint good!
[/quote]

I use to say the same thing about electric windows and then heated seats.
Damn, have I gotten lazy or what?

:smile17:

73 Sanger Flat

This is the reason I keep my old 68 Chevy going , not to much can go wrong with them .. I do have that old ugly 96 Ford Diesel also running and it will go for a few more miles ..

John

:smile13: :smile13: And the hits keep coming!! damn ford started kickin in and out of limp mode on the way home, finally got home and the bitch laid down and died in the culdesac, and locked out ignition switch so i had to un hook trailer push ford, and back up the old tahoe to do some work. tow truck is coming to get it in the morning.