460 suggestions?

okieron

I'm not sure what you are wanting as far as brand I use speed pro price performance thing you know. but if your bowing it or spray then you need something more exotic/expensive. then you have the compression thing you know flat top dome reverse dome? so you see it really is more than I have a Ford and need slugs.

but the best ones are the round ones  :smile16:

jimbo

We will need more info on what you want to build.I went with 30 over forged Probe flat tops with 91 cc PI heads for a pump gas friendly 10:8 comp.

WHOA BABY

talked to guy that I bought her from and he's lookin for build sheet. he thinks already "60" over (didn't measure when I had em off) with keith reed "racing" hypereutectic. don't know if I got water on these pistons or if they just broke. been in there for 3 hard years. lookin for forged? don't know what style or brand or best place to get em? I got champaign taste on a beer budget! so we're gonna stay on pump gas no spray or compressor.

duanehydro

what are the #'s on the block? i.e. d9tz-ab? Do you have pictures of the damaged pistons? several things come to mind...You said you have a "build sheet"...what was the piston to wall clearance set at? Hyperutectic pistons are not my favorite choice for a jet boat motor.....due to temperature concerns. what was the ring gap? Did it rip the ring lands off the top? Or crack the skirts? Holes burnt through the piston? need more input.
Arias, JE, SRP, Probe, Diamond....so many choices.....what type induction are you using? Is the block damaged? What cam? Which heads? :huh: I can go on....

WHOA BABY

no holes. just broke corner of crown from outside of valve recess out. same on all three. no water damage on them though.walls look good. rings still there. valves not smacked. haven't looked for #s.i'll have to take pix. kinda stuck er back together so it'll be awhile.wifes got plans 4 next couple of weeks.thanks 4 yer help. just had an idea....lake spray into intake....maybe

jimbo

You have to figure in the volumn of the head also.For example my 521 has forged flat top probe pistons with -3cc valve relieves .010 in the  hole  with 91cc heads which equals approx 10:8:1 compression according to probes calc's.I am probably borderline on running 93 octane pump gas.I am turning an aggressor "b" impellor 6 to 6100 rpms.

Filucky

I'd lower that cr to 10:1 or lower with iron heads, the damage your describing sounds alot like detonation problems to me.

J

jereme834-77jet

Maybe got a 460 coming up for sell soon complete roller