1/2 Filled block in a jet boat?

Esabataj Jr

Alright decided to ditch the filled block.  Found a .030 over fresh machined block at our local machine shop, so the build is about to be on as soon as I get my crank back.  I know my ole man probably never discussed his cam too much, but do any of y'all know round about the specs of that custom grind he was running.  There are no part numbers on it to research.  Either that or I'm gonna have to bust the degree wheel out and try and figure this sucker out.  Dewayne??

Devilman

Your dad used to talk about a guy named Scott or Scotty, at a place called Reincarnation.... it was usually in reference to the headwork he did, the porting & such. He was a BBF guy. Did a little googling & found his website. Shows that he does custom cam work, so maybe he got his cam from him too? I know he spoke very highly of that guy so may be worth looking into.

http://reincarnation-automotive.com/

Looks like he has a FB also: https://www.facebook.com/SMJRHP/

Esabataj Jr

Man thanks Kenny. I do remember my dad talking about Scott now that you mention it.  I will have to give him a call.  Thinking I might go solid roller this go round and skip all the drama with the break in. Can't show up and be stuck on the shore again, dad wouldn't have that lol :smile14:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Your dad used a company called Delta camshafts. Scott recommended them to him. He was telling me about one time. It was a custom grind that Scott liked.

Esabataj Jr

Well the motor is short blocked minus cam....  Been getting everything all planned out.  Gonna go with a solid roller just waiting to get with Scott to get a custom grind going.  Also, my dads old carbs are seized something terrible.  Throttle shafts are completely rusted and seized to carb body.  Grrr....  Been looking at a set of holley ultra xp carbs.  Thinking maybe some 750s.  Anyone running these....heard they're a good carb for tunnel rams.  And how do I post pics?  It keeps saying photo failed security checks and contact admin.....

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
On the carbs, I wonder if you could soak them in some diesel or something to help free them up. I got a 750 DP from a friend that was sitting in a mud puddle in his backyard. He hated Holleys with a passion. Once I got it moving again, turned out to be one of the best carbs I have ever owned. He sill doesn't believe it worked so well! think.gif

Esabataj Jr

Also got a pair of these coming.  Should look pretty sweet on dads ole boat

Attachments

• s-l400-300x225.jpg
    s-l400-300x225.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 31

Devilman

You paint the scoop? Looks good. Those carbs gonna look nice on there. bling.gif Is that the 750s you were talking about?

Esabataj Jr

Had my painter up here at work shoot the scoop.  Turned out good.  And yeah those are the carbs I was looking at.  Should be here Friday.