White River Rumble

blazeracer

The White River Rumble in Batesville, Arkansas is Sept 18-20. 1/8 mile drags with the SDBA timing light. $200 entry, set your dial, run your time. That's drag racing. I'm gonna do all I can to be there.

http://www.whiteriverrumble.com

Knotty Girl

blazeracer said:
The White River Rumble in Batesville, Arkansas is Sept 18-20. 1/8 mile drags with the SDBA timing light. $200 entry, set your dial, run your time. That's drag racing. I'm gonna do all I can to be there.

Unless your doing the King of the River deal there still in an index you have to stay in. If you cannot run in the high 3's on King deal than stay on the trailer. 

Knotty said:
blazeracer said:

Unless your doing the King of the River deal there still in an index you have to stay in. If you cannot run in the high 3's on King deal than stay on the trailer.
NOW THAT'S DRAG RACING!! You are absolutely right Henry.

Chevy2184

Where is this king of the river deal you speak of? 😎

Sent from my shop setting in my boat making motor noises

blazeracer

From what I gather at White River there are no classes. EVERYONE enters and runs their dial except for the King of the Hill barcket It's all out. For the quickest 8 in the ET bracket they are going run a separate bracket. I guess king of the ET's?

Either way, execpt for King of Hill, it ALL ET racing, NOT index racing. It will be a staggered start like an asphalt drag strip. That's real drag racing for the racing backyard mechanic. A 5 second boat could line up with a 9 second boat and watch him drive away, then win by a fraction of a second at the finish.

http://www.whiteriverrumble.com/feedback.html

Read it... "Staggered start" That's ET racing with NO index.

Knotty Girl

I guess I'm confused, bracket, index, dial-in, or classes, what ever you want to label it there still is a break-out. Pretty much what we do at any SDBA race in my opinion (second chance is exactly like that) .  crazy.gif King of the River deal is like the fuel boats.  :smile30:

blazeracer

There's a big difference Henry, but we should label it correctly.

In index racing, if your boat runs a 10.50, you slow it down and run in the 11 second bracket.

In ET racing, if your boat runs and 10.50, you write 10.47 on it and run all out.

A lot of places incorrectly call ET racing bracket racing. Me included. But yeah, they both have a break out. The biggest difference is on the big end. No banging the rev limiter to slow the boat down. ET racing is all out.

They're gonna do a run what you brung ET bracket at Paris also.

Knotty Girl

Man I know how it works, I have been hold on to a rope for years.  I started this in the 80's with a rolling start, raced also in DSRA. You totally missed my point.  If there is a breakout, you still have to tune to the index. The way SDBA has it now you have to tune correctly and have skill on the light to be competitive using your words "That is real racing". Nobody argues from the beach who won.  All in all, I hope you bring your boat and have fun.  That is the real reason for this. I race because I enjoy the sport, hanging with our team, and all the other race teams. Carry on.

blazeracer

It's all good Henry. We'll see how it pans out. My motor is still in 100 pieces, but everything is spec'd out on it now and it's ready to go back together.

Talked to Alesha last night. Choppy wants to go run the ET class also. 911 in the house!!

Knotty Girl

blazeracer said:
It's all good Henry. We'll see how it pans out. My motor is still in 100 pieces, but everything is spec'd out on it now and it's ready to go back together.

Talked to Alesha last night. Choppy wants to go run the ET class also. 911 in the house!!

Cool hope y'all make it

jimsplace

blazeracer said:
There's a big difference Henry, but we should label it correctly.

In index racing, if your boat runs a 10.50, you slow it down and run in the 11 second bracket.

In ET racing, if your boat runs and 10.50, you write 10.47 on it and run all out.

A lot of places incorrectly call ET racing bracket racing. Me included. But yeah, they both have a break out. The biggest difference is on the big end. No banging the rev limiter to slow the boat down. ET racing is all out.

They're gonna do a run what you brung ET bracket at Paris also.

I understand what you're saying, but it appears to be the essentially same thing, except that in one you set the time you establish to run, while in the other, someone else sets the time to run against. (10, 9, 8 and so on)
I guess the other difference is with one there is a handicap start, while the other uses a start where both boats leave at the same time.
Handicap starts are confusing to spectators and difficult for some drivers.
Either way, most boats will run quicker than the indicated number.

I wouldn't consider ET racing as all out racing.  To me, racing is pair the boats up, both boats leave on the go signal and whoever gets to the end first wins without a red light start.
ET is not the determining factor, only who gets to the finish line first.
It's possible to have the best ET and still lose if you get a bad start.

If I understand it correctly.
    :smile17:

blazeracer

I, and many others, consider ET racing all out. You run your boat (or car) to it's maximum capability, all out. Most of us can't afford to build $100,000 play toys to run pro classes and have to run what we got. I personally like to run what I got.... ALL OUT!

You're right though. In ET racing, the driver loses the race on the starting line if he dials his car or boat correctly. It's all I've ever done on asphalt tracks. That racing is all about driver skill, not set up to run a specific time. Build your machine to your budget and run it all out, then let the driver do the winning.

Anyway, that's my take. I think a lot guys like ET racing over index. Time will tell. Berry Helms set up the deal at White River for ET racing on purpose. Nowhere else does it. AND, they are using the SDBA lights and timing sytem at 1/8th mile.

blazeracer

jimsplace said:
ET is not the determining factor, only who gets to the finish line first.
It's possible to have the best ET and still lose if you get a bad start.

If I understand it correctly.
    :smile17:

You understand it exactly correctly Jim. The driver has to do his job at the light. You snooze you lose fo sho!