Suggestion for Roller Rockers BBC

shimp

Thinking about small things that will help the engine in the boat run smoother/better, the thought occurred to me that some Roller Rockers might be a worthy upgrade.  The engine is 454 + 0.030" (461cid?) with I believe a comp cams hydraulic "Marine/Jet Boat Cam", big oval port heads (not sure if 781 pr 049), runs great now, but thinking why not ditch the factory stamped rockers for some roller rockers.  It's probably around 370-400hp, pushes my boat to right at 68-70 on GPS depending on fuel load at right around 5000 rpm.  Thinking because of the constant high rpm, cruising is 3300-3800, WOT is 5000, that Roller Rockers would be a good easy upgrade while I will have the Valve covers off.

Suggestions?  Yay/Nay  If Yay what style/brand are good for a basic engine like this one.

EOSpeed

HARLAND SHARP THEY BUILT THE FIRST ROLLER ROCKERS.
                                                                        :smile17:

FL350

Administrator
We use Harland Sharps in our stuff. Don't forget to get longer rocker arm studs with your choice.

jimsplace

The Harland Sharp rockers are hard to beat, I've been using them for a number of years with success.
They've been making them longer than anyone and they're still going strong.
  :smile17:

ChryslerJet

While you looking at putting in roller rockers you can go with a bigger ratio rocker as well and gain some additional lift from that same cam.  But then with stock ratio being 1.7 if they all are that ratio a new set of rollers at true 1.7 might give you a little more power.