Wrapping your boat...

CSimmonsTaylorSJ

What's up everybody? I am interested in wrapping my boat considering I can't find anybody remotely close to re-paint it with gel coat. I am curious to see if anybody here has any experience with vinyl wrapping boats as far as pros and cons? I have a buddy that runs a shop here in Midland that wraps auto and marine but has only wrapped wake boats and bass boats. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I know allot of the boats on the racing circuit are wrapped! So I would say it's a viable option. Plus if you get tired of the wrap, it can be removed. I would think that as long as you keep it under cover, the wrap should hold up for a pretty good while.

Devilman

Used to be a guy on here with a Liberator that was wrapped. Looked real good but up close you could see imperfections here and there... which if I remember correctly he said was due to the condition of the hull and paint, not the wrap itself. Other than that he seemed to be pleased with it. Only thing I can think of that may be a con is that it may be more susceptible to damage/dock rash, etc. but I dunno, that stuff may be more durable than I would think.

Come to think of it, there was another fella that had his boat partially wrapped and it came out great. Really changed the look of an already good looking hydro.

Sadly, I don't think there are any good pics of either of those boats online anywhere that would demonstrate how good they looked in person.