What up! From 3000 miles across the Pacific...

Devilman

What kind of boat do you have? Got any pics, we like pics around here. :grin: Welcome to the site, glad to have ya....  :smile15:

sinner808

Got a 18' Tahiti with a 455 and Berk JC w/ Place Diverter.....she's stripped right now :smile21:  But hopefully I'll have her back together within the month.  Just got my motor back from the machine shop and getting the hull ready for paint.  So everything is gonna be nice and chiny soon  :smile13:

Here's some pics of what she looked like right after I brought her back from Cali and what she looks like now....

tahiti1.jpg
...right after I picked it up from the docks, dumped it in the water.

glass5.jpg
...more or less what she looks like now.

sinner808

firemanjim said:
Welcome aboard sinner.  Which island you at?  Must be nice to live in Paradise..  :smile15:

Oahu Jim.  Eh, it's nice to be out here and sometimes I feel grateful for living here, but you can only go around an island so many times before you wanna jump off.  Plus, you guys on that BIG BIG island there got everything close to ya, I gotta have EVERYTHING shipped in for me...that's the chitty part :smile14:  But, thanks for the welcome guys!

firemanjim

I was over in Maui last year. I love it over there. We stayed at the Grand Wialhia (dont think thats spelled right) I could get use to that kind of living. My A/C business wouldn't do so well over there though with that kinda weather.

duanehydro

Wow, an ocean going jet.....glad to have you here, sinner! I have friends in Hilo...want to visit soon.....

pro53

Yea Welcome aboard.  :smile15: With all that shipping ordering parts must be expensive.

sinner808

firemanjim said:
I was over in Maui last year. I love it over there. We stayed at the Grand Wialhia (dont think thats spelled right) I could get use to that kind of living. My A/C business wouldn't do so well over there though with that kinda weather.

You'd be surprised Jim, lotta people here got central and splits .  All the new housing developments coming up got em pretty much standard equip.  LoL!  No worries about the spelling...not a lot of peeps I talk to can get it right!

Duanehydro said:
Wow, an ocean going jet.....glad to have you here, sinner! I have friends in Hilo...want to visit soon.....

Hilo is nice place...but I'd like to visit Texas...sounds crazy, but I like a place where everything is BIGGER!

pro53 said:
Yea Welcome aboard.  :smile15: With all that shipping ordering parts must be expensive.

Hell yes!

BTW...one of the reasons I joined this forum is for the Texas bikini pics!!!! :smile19:  Don't get me wrong I'm all about the boats...but where's the fringe benefits?

Aloha,

DJ

sinner808

coonass said:
and they can swim too...........lol :smile23:

Yeah, because we care about how fast they can swim right :smile23:  All that swimming sure as hell keeps them looking good though!

Blownfuel

Aloha DJ,

Welcome to the board! Wondering if I might know you? I was stationed on Oahu from 1997 to 2000. Ran around with the Paradise Cruisers (actually, I still hang out with them online!). I drove a variety of muscle cars while I was there (an Aqua 1966 Chevy II Nova SS, a Maroonish Red 1969 Dodge Coronet (Superbee Clone), a Teal 1975 Corvette Stingray, and although not a muscle car, a Black 1989 Lincoln Mark VII (which I used to tow a 19' Bayliner down to K-Bay with). I lived Kahaluu for a couple of years, the in Eva Beach for a year (Got tired of it raining 4 times a day! That really gets old when you have a black car and no garage!). Spent a lot of time out at the track back in the day too, was a member of the 50th State Pro Gas Assoc, Paradise Cruisers, and the Corvette Club of Hawaii.