what can you use to safely remove the adhesive from old stickers?

i got the new title today and am in the process of removing the mississippi registration numbers off the boat, i am wondering what i can use to safely remove the adhesive and not destroy the paint underneath.

spd500

Warm the stickers up with a blow dryer and peel them off . The glue that is still there usually comes off with rubbing alcohol . I have also used WD40 on the glue before . Or you can go.to the parts house and get some stuff called Goo Gone .

Disturbed

We use Toluene at work..  It's never hurt the paint but, it's good paint too.  Also as SPD stated, IPA works too if the glue isn't that old.  Good luck!

KONA77

I found that the easiest thing is to go down to the old school auto parts store and get some 3M adhesive remover....    but thats me  crazy.gif

blazeracer

I use Xylene on refrigerators to get all kinds of crap off but fridges are powder coated, not painted. Removes glue like a champ. I've used Goo Gone on cars painted surfaces. You can get that stuff anywhere.

SimplyOrange

i have used laquer thinner a million times with a micro fiber. fast easy and effective.actually runs circles around adhesive remover.