What BTU is needed

sturat

I am going to get an ac for our tent for Welch and Plowmans but I have no idea what BTU i should get. The tent is 14 x 10 x 88"
Will 5,000 be enough or should i get an 8,000? I am trying to do this for as little $$$ as possible

duanehydro

5k is all you need, just tape the door around it, leave it running all day like we did...cold air! we also took a small end table to set it on.

Devilman

I don't know what size John's tent is/was, but the 5500 BTU unit I loaned him last year he said kept them plenty cool that night.

If you really tryin to save a buck, hit up pawn shops or garage sales...

Blender Man

There is a down side to this. We put a ac in the tent and every thing in the tent the next am was wet .. so did we run it to long or is that just what happenes ??? :huh:

Devilman

John never mentioned anything to me about that? Maybe he'll chime in here later....

Was also reading a thread about this on RDP the other day & there were several posts about people running A/C in their tents with no mention of it either.

You must have had it set on "freeze ass"... :grin:

KONA77

i saw a really cool one a tractor supply....small and compact...sit it down and turn it on and wala cold air

sturat

Hanging everything up to dry from sweating your berries off  :smile14:
Hanging everything up to dry from AC condensation(sp)  :smile15:

John

Devilman said:
John never mentioned anything to me about that? Maybe he'll chime in here later....

Was also reading a thread about this on RDP the other day & there were several posts about people running A/C in their tents with no mention of it either.

You must have had it set on "freeze A$$"... :grin:

i always sit my tent on a tarp when i set it up, the low pressure side and condenser coil will sweat so if you put it in the tent youre going for a swim!,  i set the AC kenny let me borrow last year on my spare tire on the ground i had the tarp my tent was setting on out from under the tire so i woudnt get water between the tarp and the tent i put it in the corner of the door so i could zip it up tight around it.

sturat

I have that problem solved as my tent has a spot in it for the AC :smile15:
I just did not know what size to get as I will be taking a 5 yr old and a 2yr old and them moaning and groaning about it is hot is that the last thing i want to hear.

Blender Man

we had the ac uint on an old cooler that did not have a lid,then zipped the door around it,, that part was fine, it just made every thing wet inside. I was marred at the time .. :smile23: :smile23:

KONA77

Blender Man said:
we had the ac uint on an old cooler that did not have a lid,then zipped the door around it,, that part was fine, it just made every thing wet inside. I was marred at the time .. :smile23: :smile23:

it wasn't the a/c that caused that  :smile24: :smile23:  :smile23: