want to buy Dominator Air scoop

73 Sanger Flat

I am looking to buy a Single Dominator Air scoop . Stainless or polish aluminum like this one ..I want to take my big scoop off and run this one for the lake .. Any one have a used one . I know I can get a new one at CP performance but prefer not to spend that much money .. Let me know what you have .. Need to get ready for the River soon ..

Attachments

• scoop.jpg
    scoop.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 41

jimsplace

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Found one  on THB facebook

I'm glad to see you found what you're looking for, but why don't you like the scoop you have?
I think it look really nice.

There's no need to hurry, the river is up and still rising.
It's bringing back those horrible memories of last year and the water conditions.

73 Sanger Flat

Jim - I love my big scoop that I have on the boat .. But I also like the smaller scoops also .. My personal opinion is that I will not draw as much attention from the lake patrols with the smaller scoop compared to the larger scoop with the race numbers on it , plus I just like the smaller scoops on my boat .. This will give me options on how I want the boat to look.. Hell i might not like it and go back to the painted scoop..
yeah the River is bad and it will be months before we can get on it .. I think we may head up to Oklahoma to Stroud , Ok for their event ..

Knotty Girl

If you go to the rope you will want the small one. Big scoops get hung on rope and catch the wind and push you around. I had a big scoop on hydro with other motor and hated it fighting the rope. Just my opinion

jimsplace

Jim - I love my big scoop that I have on the boat .. But I also like the smaller scoops also .. My personal opinion is that I will not draw as much attention from the lake patrols with the smaller scoop compared to the larger scoop with the race numbers on it , plus I just like the smaller scoops on my boat .. This will give me options on how I want the boat to look.. Hell i might not like it and go back to the painted scoop..
yeah the River is bad and it will be months before we can get on it .. I think we may head up to Oklahoma to Stroud , Ok for their event ..

Billy - I don't think the big scoop draws as much attention to the boat by the authorities as that big AZZ motor you have, along with the beautiful paint job on the boat.  bling.gif
Maybe if you painted the boat some CAMO colors, they wouldn't see you. LOL
    :smile17:

73 Sanger Flat

Maybe a need to put me a LS small block engine in it .. NOT !!!!!!! No freaking way .. the engine look just like any other Big Block from a 396 up to Monster engine size . Most people cant tell them apart anyway .. Just the lake patrol don't like these boat anyway unless it has through the hull exhaust and I can't get those to fit on my boat ..  I thinking of getting me  a Day Cruiser anyway or just use the Pontoon boat .. hell i need to break out my 75 Ski Nautiuque and take it out ..

jimsplace

Patchman said:
You got it, noise is the big offender! :smile17:

I think the lake patrol just likes Billy.
Perhaps it goes back to when he had a jet boat and hosed them down, while yelling how do you like my roost now?
    :smile30:

73 Sanger Flat

I had one jet boat and it was through the hull exhaust and no jet-avator on it .. So no rooster tail for me on that boat . I don't need to see how high my boat can piss a rooster tail .. . I get tired of not being able to go anywhere in the boat that i would like to go in  fear of getting hassled by the local patrols ..

jimsplace

Actually, I only thought you had a jet at one time, but wasn't really sure.

I do know what you're talking about, but flats are so much fun and I don't look at a boat as transportation.  For me, they're a reason to be at the lake and they are a toy.
Since my lakes are now closed, it doesn't make any difference what kind I have.

Dry Dock

jimsplace said:
Actually, I only thought you had a jet at one time, but wasn't really sure.

I do know what you're talking about, but flats are so much fun and I don't look at a boat as transportation.  For me, they're a reason to be at the lake and they are a toy.
Since my lakes are now closed, it doesn't make any difference what kind I have.

yep, Jim sure does not look good for awhile, everywhere we go closed.............

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/lake/lakefacilities.htm

Dry Dock

This sucks,  I may go to Proctor this spring to test

Went to Proctor a lot when I lived in Abilene.  Promontory  Point is a nice park.  Been there many times. You will like park if you go.
We used to have some pretty good turnouts with 15 to 20 boats in attendance back in the day.............

jimsplace

I've never been to Proctor, so I thought I'd see where it is.
Proctor is about 10 feet high according to what I'm seeing.
    :smile24:

Dry Dock

jimsplace said:
I've never been to Proctor, so I thought I'd see where it is.
Proctor is about 10 feet high according to what I'm seeing.
    :smile24:

Looks like a trip to Fort Phantom Billy? Renegade let you use his boat ramp at his place..

Facility Closures 

Proctor Lake
â—¾All Boat Ramps,and day use areas are closed.
â—¾COPPERAS CREEK PARK: Closed.
â—¾SOWELL CREEK: Closed.
â—¾PROMONTORY PARK: Closed
â—¾HIGH POINT PARK: Park is closed. Day-use equestrian trail parking allowed at the main entrance