try it again!!! New to Texas Hot Boats and Boating

79Codor

I Tried to post some pics on here of my boat but it's not working too well. I'm WAY north in Kansas, and my father in law gave me his old 79 Condor. I've stripped it all the way down, sprayed a pearl white on it, and am getting ready to replace the stringers. They are only quarter stringers, a guy here in town was going to charge me $1500.00 to do it, but i think i can wing it. What type of wood do I need to get, and what type of glass do I use. I want it to be clear and look really good. Ant help will greatly be appreciated!!! Drag boats have been in my family FOREVER, back to my grandpa and his last boat which was a wesco with a Ford 429, with hemi heads. That boat was KILLER!!! Also How do I go about putting some pics on here??? Thank's for having me guys and all your help in the future. I hope to make it down to Texas this summer with it all done. My dad lives in Midlothian, which is just south of Dallas, so we'll make a trip or two down there this summer. Just let me know which event to come to with the best turnouts. Thanks again to all of you.

C

CorDog009

Welcome aboard  :smile15:  For the pics, have you tried to upload them onto Photobucket and copy and paste the IMG code from the pic into your post? That's how I do all mine.

Cookieman

Welcome to the site 79Codor. Sorry you had to come in at a time when the site has been down. I hope we have everything fixed now. You need help, advice , parts and without a doubt some ribbin' from time to time, you have come to the place. Hang with us and enjoy the site. Bill"cookieman"

79Codor

Thanx guys, hope to have it all done so I can meet up with you guys this summer and run with the "BIGDAWGS"!!!

79Codor

index.cfm

Wingman

my space hotlinking won't work because everyone would have to be signed in to myspace to see it.  Try adding your image as an attachment under additional options at the bottom of your post.  Also you may want do the same for your profile avatar.

pro53

79Condor said:
I Tried to post some pics on here of my boat but it's not working too well. I'm WAY north in Kansas, and my father in law gave me his old 79 Condor. I've stripped it all the way down, sprayed a pearl white on it, and am getting ready to replace the stringers. They are only quarter stringers, a guy here in town was going to charge me $1500.00 to do it, but i think i can wing it. What type of wood do I need to get, and what type of glass do I use. I want it to be clear and look really good. Ant help will greatly be appreciated!!! Drag boats have been in my family FOREVER, back to my grandpa and his last boat which was a wesco with a Ford 429, with hemi heads. That boat was KILLER!!! Also How do I go about putting some pics on here??? Thank's for having me guys and all your help in the future. I hope to make it down to Texas this summer with it all done. My dad lives in Midlothian, which is just south of Dallas, so we'll make a trip or two down there this summer. Just let me know which event to come to with the best turnouts. Thanks again to all of you.
Welcome aboard  :smile15:
Dont use any auto fiberglass products. Go to a boat place for fiberglass. Here are some links.
http://www.fibreglast.com/showproducts-category-Wedges,%20Mold%20Releases%20and%20ClipsPrepreg%20Fabrics-215.html
http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/search_category.do?categoryName=Fiberglass%20Supplies&categoryId=373&page=GRID
http://stores.infinityfrp.com/-strse-HI-dsh-BOND--fdsh--POLYGARD-cln-Gel-Coat/Categories.bok

79Codor

toomanypictures140.jpg

toomanypictures144.jpg

toomanypictures155.jpg

toomanypictures169.jpg

toomanypictures229.jpg

boat.jpg

I've managed to do all this work with the help of you guys, Thank you very much!!! Now it's time to start putting the 557 together. I hope to see you all this summer!!!

jetboat

to fill the hole,i would use the fiber stranded type vs. the web. it holds better. fill the under side with a couple layers,then do the same on the top side,sand and repeat the top again with a couple layers.sand and fill with dyana glass. welcome to the site.

foxtrot429

That pic looks familiar. Looks great so far, nice boat for sure. Mine is a 78 Rochelle, but I think it's probably the same bottom.  :smile15: