This looks interesting,

Dry Dock

Check this out, Won Best New Product at SEMA : http://silverbackcarbs.com/

Looks trick, bold statements, I look forward to seeing Dyno and on track comparisons

Anyone tries one post up some results..............  :smile21:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
DiamondJim said:
If they make it in a 1 barrel, I'm going to get one for Patch's Prius. clap.gif
It's about time someone re-invented the carb. Tired of all that fuel injection crap! :smile16:

ChryslerJet

Patchman said:
DiamondJim said:
If they make it in a 1 barrel, I'm going to get one for Patch's Prius. clap.gif
It's about time someone re-invented the carb. Tired of all that fuel injection crap! :smile16:
Makes me think of slide carbs for motorcycles been around a long time.  Not sure how you get variable venturis though to get 600-850 cfms from the same body.  I can see the smaller the cfm it is the less efficient it would be.  Only way to find out is to try it.  Can't find any pricing information on it but did find it posted on another car site that says that what this guy makes is not cheap.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure it's gonna cost. But it sounds almost too good to be true. But who sits there and says( lets build a better carburetor) in our time of fuel infection! So he's got me curios, not that I need one at the moment! crazy.gif :smile16:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I bet you are in the ball park. The next question is going to be who's gonna be the guinea pig and try it! We need real world results! :grin:

Chevy2184

Yeah and I'm fixing to be in the market for a 1050? But not sure if I want to be the guinea pig? Lol I know the quick fuel will work just fine? But I bet it won't be long and someone will have one strapped on a dyno seeing what's up??

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I was looking at it again yesterday. I'm wondering how much of their results are do to directing the air flow with their vortex devices. Looks like there is one on top of the carb, and one that goes down in the intake. I could see where some intakes wouldn't work. think.gif

Chevy2184

Just got off the phone with the inventor/owner of silverback carbs... Nice guy! Told me with the motor I was putting together that I only needed one of his 850 carbs? Quick fuel said 1050? He told me cause I was not going to be turning super high rpm's that he guaranteed me his carb would out do the quick fuel on the dyno? Plus better air fuel and better fuel economy and better throttle response? And for a mere 2700.00$ I could own one?? WOW?? 2695.00$ I say damn? Said they are not even trying to compete with carbs cause they not even on the same playing field??

Bert88

Hey Chevy2184 Maybe with one of those ur ol slug of a boat might actually do something entertaining!

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I kind of figured it was going to be high, but I wasn't thinking the price of fuel injection. crazy.gif