THB pic posting problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

greaser

As many of yall know, we have been having problems posting pics as attachments for a while now.  Yall may have also noticed that THB was down almost the whole weekend. I was told that the problem is because we are WAY over our allowed bandwith for pics on this site. That is why it is so important that before you post any pics to the site that you take the extra innitiative to resize them. If you dont have a resizing program on your computer, then you can use an online site like www.resize2mail.com It is very simple to use, and only takes a minute.

I would also ask if you have any pics posted here that are big enough you can see them from the space station, please go back and delete them. Your help with this will be greatly appreciated.  :smile15:

TintMan

doesnt hosting them on photobucket or something similiar help? or does that still use up the same amount of  bandwidth? :huh:

Cookieman

Well guys and girls I am so glad to see that everyone missed this site. I think Daune and the other moderators got plenty of calls on the site. We are now in what I would call a major growing pains. This site has grown by leaps and bounds to the point we have used up all the space that I have bought. I want everyone to know that for no reason would I let this site go away. I know that this site is used by a lot of people to communicate as to waht is going on out in the boating world. Pics in the forums have been the downfall so far. We must downsize our pics before we post them in the forums. Yes using a host site will help greatly, same for videos. I will get with the company that does our site and buy so more disc space and bandwithe. I know it must have been terrible for some not to get their daily fix of THB. I know I have  said it before now that this site is member supported thru donation and T-shirt sells it will continue to support itself. Thanks everyone for the concerns of the site and let's all work together to keep this site a rollin' on. Bill "cookieman"

oldbuck40

Cookieman said:
Well guys and girls I am so glad to see that everyone missed this site. I think Daune and the other moderators got plenty of calls on the site. We are now in what I would call a major growing pains. This site has grown by leaps and bounds to the point we have used up all the space that I have bought. I want everyone to know that for no reason would I let this site go away. I know that this site is used by a lot of people to communicate as to waht is going on out in the boating world. Pics in the forums have been the downfall so far. We must downsize our pics before we post them in the forums. Yes using a host site will help greatly, same for videos. I will get with the company that does our site and buy so more disc space and bandwithe. I know it must have been terrible for some not to get their daily fix of THB. I know I have  said it before now that this site is member supported thru donation and T-shirt sells it will continue to support itself. Thanks everyone for the concerns of the site and let's all work together to keep this site a rollin' on. Bill "cookieman"
Bill dont take this the wrong way but does this problem shed a little light on things that have gone on in the past with repeated video's???

Cookieman

Videos are not the big problem here if they are hosted by another site, like you tube or others. It's the pics in the attachments to a post that are wayyyyyyyy tooooo large that eat up disc space. I will get with the host site and see how much more I can buy. You know like they say everything has a price. I think pics are a big asset to the site we just have to make better use of how we post them.

okieron

Hey cookieman I'm a techie and many sites have the ability to control what size pics you can upload and also the amount of space a user can take up. Just a way to maybe help you out. I hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.