Summitt Coming to Arlington

jdeaton

The guys on this forum probably paid for a good portion of that building!  Glad to see them moving closer, quicker delivery! jump.gif

jimsplace

DiamondJim said:
The guys on this forum probably paid for a good portion of that building!  Glad to see them moving closer, quicker delivery! jump.gif

What do you mean awesome?  It's horrible.

jimsplace

Yes , horrible on the pocket book.
If you order from within Texas, there will be an increase of 8 1/2 to 8 3/4% sales tax.
Unless you can pick it up, you'll still have shipping charges.  If you pick it up, there may be an additional 1/4 to 1/2% sales tax to help pay for the new proposed Ranger ball stadium, which is crappy. (I don't go to the ball games and could care less)
You might save a day shipping times.  Most things I received within 2 days of ordering anyway with standard shipping.
On occassion it will be convenient, but with travel time and costs, it's often cheaper to have them ship it anyway.

My Opinion!!!

Devilman

jimsplace said:
If you order from within Texas, there will be an increase of 8 1/2 to 8 3/4% sales tax.

I wondered about that myself.

I rarely ordered anything from Summit anyway. Most everything I ever got, I ordered from Jegs. Toll free order line & free shipping gave them the edge. :wink: :cool: :grin:

Dry Dock

I had already thought about the sales tax issue......  But that will level up playing field some for couple of my accounts as tax will be added. Bad thing is we all have to pay it.  but that does level up the pricing some.  Auto Parts and Perf. parts distributors at this point in time, the more they buy the less it costs them.  Being so large will give them the volume advantage.....

Same issue and Joes Corner Auto Parts vs. O'Reilly or Auto Zone.......... which one buys the most parts?  So who has pricing advantage?

jdeaton

I forgot about the State Tax crap, but Summit has always had free shipping.  Had an incident years ago with Jeg's and a handling charge.  They don;t do the handling charge anymore, but they really pissed me off, so I went with Summit,  Just saying

FL350

Administrator
They are already collecting sales tax. I ordered parts last week for a customer and it's on there now.

jimsplace

FL350 said:
They are already collecting sales tax. I ordered parts last week for a customer and it's on there now.

You're referring to Summit I assume.
Yea, if they are setting up shop, they're considered doing business here and required to collect sales tax.

Both Jegs and Summit have treated me well, so I've tended to buy from both as their prices are similar, if not the same.
They both generally have very liberal return policies.  I also enjoy getting their catalogs.
    :smile17:

73 Sanger Flat

It may suck for the tax part , But when you need that item the same day to get back on the water . I think we all don't care at that point.. When my MSD went out at Joe Pool that one year . I would have been happy to run over there to get a new 6-AL box and got back out on the water to play some more  .. I  order from Jegs and Summit .. So Jegs may get more business now for the tax stuff when I have time to wait for it ..

FL350

Administrator
I've been using Summit for a couple of years now. I like the fed ex ground shipping(way faster than my ups guy) plus they always give a $20 coupon for my birthday!

jimsplace

FL350 said:
I've been using Summit for a couple of years now. I like the fed ex ground shipping(way faster than my ups guy) plus they always give a $20 coupon for my birthday!

I'll have to ask them about the $20, they seem to have overlooked my birthday last year.
Wait, I don't recall them asking when it is.

:smile17:

blazeracer

Yup.. Ordered some valves from Summit on Tuesday. Had to pay tax. On a big order worth a few hundred dollars, I'll be going with Jegs,