Squishy rods

Carnivalride

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Pretty interesting . I think I  will stick to my steel rods for my boat ..

C'mon Billy where's your sense of adventure?

Your motor would sound awesome between 7500-8500 rpm!  jump.gif :smile17:

73 Sanger Flat

How about you Loren , when are you stepping up to those aluminum rods .. It would sound good at 7500-8500 right before it goes BOOM !!!!
I think 7200-7400 will be just right for mine

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
So just exactly what did they just say? The only fact that they plainly state is that Aluminum rods don't stretch! think.gif :smile21:

Disturbed

The GRP rods are supposed to be "THE" rod for aluminum rods.  They are a little less expensive than Oliver steel rods.  :smile13: :smile13: :smile13:  Oliver claims they've never had a rod failure. 
:smile26:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
DISTURBED said:
The GRP rods are supposed to be "THE" rod for aluminum rods.  They are a little less expensive than Oliver steel rods.  :smile13: :smile13: :smile13:  Oliver claims they've never had a rod failure. 
Looks like it just depends on what your building. All Chevy guys should use aluminum rods to keep up with us Ford guys! :smile30:

Disturbed

Patchman said:
DISTURBED said:
Looks like it just depends on what your building. All Chevy guys should use aluminum rods to keep up with us Ford guys! :smile30:

You're gonna learn alot this year.  :smile30:

Carnivalride

How about you Loren , when are you stepping up to those aluminum rods .. It would sound good at 7500-8500 right before it goes BOOM !!!!
I think 7200-7400 will be just right for mine

C'mon now Billy you now all I have is a little old 10:1 pump gas 489 with some bling to give the ole Hondo a little bark. With good bolts in my steel rods they'd probably be okay at 8000 if I had enough cam and head to get there. lol

BTW 7200-7400??? WTF are you trying to lug it like me? lol  :smile30:

73 Sanger Flat

YEP -- Trying to be safe .. If I get 7400 out of it , I will be a happy camper .. But most likely I will be dropping back down from my 32's to my 22's to get anywhere near those RPM
Mine will be a pump gas deal also this year .. 10.25:1

Carnivalride

YEP -- Trying to be safe .. If I get 7400 out of it , I will be a happy camper .. But most likely I will be dropping back down from my 32's to my 22's to get anywhere near those RPM
Mine will be a pump gas deal also this year .. 10.25:1

Nothing wrong with 10.2 on a lake boat that's all mine is and I almost passed it off as a rcae boat at Chouteau this year. lol

Gearing will depnd on your power, where that powers at and your prop. Props vary too much Even though they maybe marked the same) to make guesses without knowing much about your whole set up.

With a 4.5" stroke I'd probably be happy at 7000rpm that's a lot of inertia flying around.