Somerville Level

farmo83

I was up at Lake Travis to look at a boat and found out you cant even launch anymore the lake is so low. Which I might add was a nice deal until I found out it needed 8 grand worth of fiberglass work. Anybody know if Somerville is still boatable ?

Devilman

I myself haven't ever heard of Somerville dropping enough to be unboatable. Maybe Bert(Greaser) or John will chime in, they are pretty familiar with Somerville.

If you do go out there, watch the rocks over by Welch, they will play hell with the bottom of your boat. :shocked: :grin:

Disturbed

Definately watch out for the Rocks by Welch and on the west side of Rocky Creek park.  :smile12: 

http://texashotboats.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=157&pos=147

Disturbed

Nothin like positive re-inforcement.  Hopefully everyone that sees it will let it sink in and act as a reminder.  :smile12:  Has anyone heard if he ever got it fixed? 

TexasJet

My wife is camping up there now. She said the lake is low but boatable. There is a beach shoreline around the whole lake. Probably 4' to 5' low. I have seen is 12' low and still have enough water to launch and boat.

Devilman

coolglastron said:
Nothin like positive re-inforcement.  Hopefully everyone that sees it will let it sink in and act as a reminder.  :smile12:  Has anyone heard if he ever got it fixed?

You have a point... Still, I would have thought the buoys, the white caps, the kids & birds standing around out there would have made him think twice? :undecided: Oh well, shit happens sometimes, I guess, with no way around it. I've never heard any more about it myself... It was the intake knocked out of place if I recall correctly, maybe not a terribly difficult fix?

greaser

I drove across the damn this past sunday, and like TJ said, its about 4 or 5 foot low, but still very boatable.

Hey Tim, that guy had his boat back on the water about 2 weeks after that.

sweet-v

I drive passed lake Travis to work and back every day watching the lake dropping fast  :cry: but
me and v drive Bob have launched at Pace Bend Park a few times in the passed off the bank the rocks
will mess your trailer tires up 
:smile18:

Sweet Addiction

I drove over to Marble Falls the other day and the river is dry and docks are sitting on the ground.  Been a couple of years since we were at this point.  We need some rain.  :smile21:

HTRDLNCN

lake was 15 feet lower than this two years ago and we were still doing poker runs.
Ramp at my marina was just getting to the end at 640. Means I still have
15ft to go, most private ramps are the same.
there is 50ft under my slip at the marina right on the shore and over 150ft in the main channel.
texas will be a desert before Travis is unboatable.
Yes most park and public ramps are goping dry except Mansfield,
dont mind it myself,keeps the townies off the lake.
:smile13:

Sweet Addiction

Do you know when Mansfield's last ramp goes out of the water?  The farthest one on the right as you are looking down the ramp is the longest.  We launched a few times with it looking that way and we could see the end of the boat ramp.  If it goes dry then no one will be doing poker runs this year.  Where will be launch?

HTRDLNCN said:
lake was 15 feet lower than this two years ago and we were still doing poker runs.
Ramp at my marina was just getting to the end at 640. Means I still have
15ft to go, most private ramps are the same.
there is 50ft under my slip at the marina right on the shore and over 150ft in the main channel.
texas will be a desert before Travis is unboatable.
Yes most park and public ramps are goping dry except Mansfield,
dont mind it myself,keeps the townies off the lake.
:smile13:

farmo83

I hope it rains like hell. If it doesn't Lake Austin won't be very flat bottom friendly. Granted as they did not lower the lake it wont be jet boat friendly.

HTRDLNCN

lake travis is at 655,here are public ramps still open:
Jones Brothers Park 645 City of Jonestown
Mansfield Dam 645 All four lanes open. Travis County
Pace Bend - Tatum Cove 650 Travis County
Pace Bend - Collier Cove 650 Travis County
Sandy Creek 648 Travis County
Bob Wentz Park at Windy Point 648  Travis County
  For the latest information on boat ramps operated by Travis County call

TexasJet

Sweet Addiction said:
I drove over to Marble Falls the other day and the river is dry and docks are sitting on the ground.  Been a couple of years since we were at this point.  We need some rain.  :smile21:

Are you saying that lake Marble Falls is dry. Even at the bridge by the park where they run the IHBA races?

pro53

RandallAgain said:
hell maybe you will find the general's hydro, i 'm pretty sure it has been lost for about three years now :smile16: :smile16: :smile16: :smile16:

:smile23: :smile23:

HTRDLNCN

Marble Falls is a constant level lake. It doesnt go dry.
same with lake austin,Inks and LBJ
Only lakes that are not constant level in the highland chain
are Buchanon and Travis..

TexasJet said:
Sweet Addiction said:

Are you saying that lake Marble Falls is dry. Even at the bridge by the park where they run the IHBA races?

Sweet Addiction

OH no.  I still have those pics on my computer.  That was a good weekend.  :smile15:

RandallAgain said:
hell maybe you will find the general's hydro, i 'm pretty sure it has been lost for about three years now :smile16: :smile16: :smile16: :smile16:

Sweet Addiction

Yea, I was out that way the other day.  Big rocks sticking out of the water.

TexasJet said:
Sweet Addiction said:

HTRDLNCN

Marble Falls was drawn down by 5ft temporarily to let the residents clean docks and stuff.
They do it every other year,lake Austin does it on the other years. Otherwise they are always the same level regardless of drought conditions.