Somerville 08/19/2017 Yegua/Rockin the Cove/Welchfest Pics

shimp

More pics, first one was a panoramic my wife just did with her phone.  Couldn't even see all the boats that were there in the pics.

Attachments

• IMAG6646.jpg
    IMAG6646.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
  • IMAG6647.jpg
    IMAG6647.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 89
  • IMAG6648.jpg
    IMAG6648.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 78

shimp

A few more pics.

Attachments

• IMAG6649.jpg
    IMAG6649.jpg
    981.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 5BA1CA12-4366-47F7-93CE-6A3FA3509368.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 68
  • IMAG6653.jpg
    IMAG6653.jpg
    979.2 KB · Views: 39

shimp

Last two pics we took.  We got there late, like 5pm, spent most of the day Saturday working on the boat since it had been about a year since it last hit water.

Attachments

• IMAG6656.jpg
    IMAG6656.jpg
    936.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMAG6660.jpg
    IMAG6660.jpg
    500.9 KB · Views: 39

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Great pics! Glad you made it out! It was a great day for boating for sure! clap.gif clap.gif

Devilman

I saw ya'll roll in but was carrying stuff back to the campsite & then loading boats, I never made it over to say hello. Good to see ya'll made it out, boat sounded & looked good. Next time. I took a few pics, but haven't looked to even see how they came out yet. crazy.gif

farmo83

I got a new phone recently and have just discovered that the camera is right behind where I was holding my phone taking pics so I have about 40 pics of 1/2 of boats and 1/2 of my hand. Beer could have possibly contributed to this. Great pics ! Nice to meet you and that is a fine boat you have !

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Post up some pics guys! Man that boat looked like it was moving out Justin.  :smile30:

TexasJet

Great times for sure. A lot of really cool boats to look at. Next year we have to come up with a name for the event. 

shimp

TexasJet said:
Great times for sure. A lot of really cool boats to look at. Next year we have to come up with a name for the event.

I liked the spot, and since the wind is usually out of the South, it's shielded pretty well.  My problem was the boat ramp situation, Yegua's parking just isn't good for us boaters that don't camp, BUT since it's so close to Overlook ramp, which is plenty big, could have just used that ramp and went around the island to the spot at Yegua.  Only reason I didn't do that (because I knew Yegua's ramp was gonna be crowded, and their other ramp noone uses because it sucks) is because I just wasn't real sure about my boat since it hadn't been in water for a year.

I think if we do it there again next year, just need to make a note for out of town boaters that don't camp to use the ramp at Overlook.  May be rough water just around the island (I believe they call it Rock Island) but you can quickly get back up in the cove at Yegua before it gets to be a problem.

It was lots of boats, lots of good people, no real incidents (that I know of) and a great time, can't wait to do it again.  Oh and my boat ran good too, should have called out a few other boats...  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Attachments

• 081917-drone1.jpg
    081917-drone1.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 83

shimp

These drone pics Becket took. Early in the day, by the time I got there (around 5pm) it seemed like it was twice as many boats there.

Attachments

• 081917-drone2.jpg
    081917-drone2.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 76

shimp

Save this pic/map for next year, may help some folks out.  I seen posts on Facebook "I'm here, where is everyone, LOL"...

Attachments

• 081917-drone1-map.jpg
    081917-drone1-map.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 111

farmo83

Patchman said:
Post up some pics guys! Man that boat looked like it was moving out Justin.  :smile30:

Lol thanks man! Your boat really hauls the mail as well. It was a great event and cool to meet so many people. I put the hard sell on the wife and we are in for the Poker Run in October. Just booked a room.