Rub Rail tricks, tips, or advice!

oldbuck40

I am fixing to install the new rubrail on the Funjet,,, i have done it before but had the old lines and drilled holes to help me keep it in line,,,,, now there are no holes and no old lines? cant wait till i punch a screw through in an old hole and it doesnt pull up tight :rolleyes: bout the only thing i can look at is a few holes in the engine compartment that are equally spaced,,guess i could try and center the new holes between them and see how it comes out?

Also where are good locations to place a joint in the rubrail? on a curve? straight? ???????????????

sturat

I would put the seems on a flat part going to be tuff enough with the bends as it is then add the stress of trying to make two pcs line up on a bend .... my.02

oldbuck40

sturat said:
I would put the seems on a flat part going to be tuff enough with the bends as it is then add the stress of trying to make two pcs line up on a bend .... my.02
kinda what i was thinking! guess there going to have to be on the last 3 ft of the boat being thats about all that is straight :smile23: this is a very short boat :smile23:

sturat

They come in 12' sections correct? How long is the boat i know small but what is the length overall?

oldbuck40

sturat said:
They come in 12' sections correct? How long is the boat i know small but what is the length overall?
10'6 :smile23:  i think it only took 26' to cover it! had to order 3 sticks just to get the other 2 ft but i can use it on the Youngblood later!

sturat

One more question does it have a rubber insert or just polished alum?
If it has the rubber insert you can rivet it on and then cover the rivets with the insert and then put two rivets into the ends of the rubber and call it a day. this would remove one headache from your project.

oldbuck40

sturat said:
One more question does it have a rubber insert or just polished alum?
If it has the rubber insert you can rivet it on and then cover the rivets with the insert and then put two rivets into the ends of the rubber and call it a day. this would remove one headache from your project.
No its the solid aluminum!