Prop testing 6/13/14

Carnivalride

Well Here's another boring ride along video  :smile19:

New prop copied from the borrowed one I liked last year with a few tweaks. Unfortunately the tweaks had an adverse effect, lost 3 mph and seems to burnout a little much to me. Not sure what the deal is added an 1/8" of diameter and about a 1/4" more blade width so I sure thought it would have had less flash and less pull down.  think.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJGxBJ2oiCo

73 Sanger Flat

Looked OK from here , I could not get sound to play on my laptop though .. Sorry it did not work out the first time , so sending it back for a little cutting ? How did it handle though ?

Carnivalride

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Looked OK from here , I could not get sound to play on my laptop though .. Sorry it did not work out the first time , so sending it back for a little cutting ? How did it handle though ?

Better fix that laptop Billy it's better with sound. lol

I just talked with Dallas and I'll be sending it back and he thinks he can fix it right up. It took quite a bit of plate on the initial hit/launch but I was able to peel out of th eplate preety quick but somewhere past about where half track would be the thing drops the nose. I guess since it's such a heavy old boat it just makes the prop spin hard trying to come out of the hole. flashing 7000, pulling down to 6000 and then back up to 7200-7300 seems a bit agrresive for this engine. Probably going back up on gear too.

Disturbed

I'm with Billy.  Looked pretty good to me.  The fact that it lost 3 mph is an undisputed fact that you'll never feel.  Badass my friend!

Carnivalride

DISTURBED said:
I'm with Billy.  Looked pretty good to me.  The fact that it lost 3 mph is an undisputed fact that you'll never feel.  Badass my friend!

Thanks but after a while those little 2-3 mph things start adding up. lol

73 Sanger Flat

Sounds good , laptop at home the sound works ..  clap.gif
Looked pretty rough out there Loren ..

Dam this make me sad knowing mine will not be in the water this year ..

Carnivalride

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Sounds good , laptop at home the sound works ..  clap.gif
Looked pretty rough out there Loren ..

Dam this make me sad knowing mine will not be in the water this year ..

It was rougher than I like but the wind started picking up and that was the last pass. As you can see the old Hondo doesn't do to bad on it though. lol

I've seen what they run those SS/PS boats in and I guess I'd have to drive one to see how they handle but I see them run in some nasty water.