Oil change -slow

PLANEJIM

I just change oil on my first Jet Boat-I have change oil plenty of times on other equipment but damn!!!!!!!-I think I could have pulled the engine quicker-finally got a little plumber drill pump and suck it out thru the drain tube.  Any better ideas out there?  I felt like taking the oil hose off the oil pan and using a shop vac instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slowboat13

Sunday evening when you get home from the lake, start dropping the oil....Monday, Tuesday,Wednesday watch it drip and drink beer, Thursday plug and refill, Friday get it wet again!

73 Sanger Flat

I use a small hand help pump on the end of the oil drain hose, works pretty good .. .. Or just let it drain for a few days .. It does not come out very fast , especially with 10 gts in there

veestyle

I purchased a magnetic oil pan heater for yankess and stick it on the pan 2 hours before the oil change. works great if you have a milk situation. The dip stick heaters from orileys didn't work long before they burned up.

jimsplace

veestyle said:
I purchased a magnetic oil pan heater for yankess and stick it on the pan 2 hours before the oil change. works great if you have a milk situation. The dip stick heaters from orileys didn't work long before they burned up.

"The dip stick heaters from orileys didn't work long before they burned up."
It might have lasted longer if you hadn't been using it for your coffee too.
  :smile30: