obama ALREADY at it

pro53

:smile18:

"GUANTANAMO BAY U.S. NAVAL BASE, Cuba (Reuters) – Hours after taking office, U.S. President Barack Obama ordered military prosecutors in the Guantanamo war crimes tribunals to ask for a 120-day halt in all pending cases and a judge granted the request on Wednesday in the case against a young Canadian.

When defense lawyers did not oppose the move, a judge froze the proceedings against Canadian Omar Khadr, who was captured at age 15 and is accused of murdering a U.S. soldier with a grenade during a firefight in Afghanistan."
(Read rest of it)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_guantanamo_trials

Devilman

Oh yeah, closing Guantanamo has been high on the list of things to do once he's officially behind the wheel.... I wouldn't expect to see or hear much good or worthwhile presidential related stuff in the news for awhile.

pro53

Yea just let all the mudering towel heads out  :smile18:
I dont get it though. Bush shouldnt have let them sit there that long.

Devilman

I didn't think they were letting them out to go free, but were going to be integrating them into the U.S. prison system. Not that its much better....

I dunno though, they get 'em mixed in with general population somewhere, there's bound to be some dudes behind bars that would love to deal with some raghead terrorists their own way.... :evil: :grin:

Cookieman

yea I heard he wants to put 4.1 million people back to work. I also heard that on Tuesday Jan 20th an estimated 2 mil showed up for applications. I would have like to been there but I was working stacking crackers and cookies.

pro53

Cookieman said:
yea I heard he wants to put 4.1 million people back to work. I also heard that on Tuesday Jan 20th an estimated 2 mil showed up for applications. I would have like to been there but I was working stacking crackers and cookies.
Good one Bill  :smile15:, did you see how they all trashed the place.  :grin: