need some help

txcrusader

iam trying to find how to grind on the jet drive to help with the rooster tail its not very tall its on a berk thx,matt

txcrusader

wolfman0613 said:
Do you have a split bowl ? a droop? A wedge?
iam not sure it is a solid bowl from the outside there is some adjustments there it seems to go all the way up any help would be great thx,matt oh there doesnt seem to be a wedge or a droop of any kind

outlawjet

You can only go so high with your stock bowl, if you had a split bowl you could add a few degrees of wedge to it but short of that you'll have to learn to love what you got....better than no roost right  :smile15:

Devilman

txcrusader said:
iam trying to find how to grind on the jet drive to help with the rooster tail its not very tall its on a berk thx,matt

I've got some pics of mine that show where it was ground on. I didn't do the work, so I can't really give you a numerical measurement. But its enough to give you an idea at least. Just have to go slow & be careful. There is a Teflon O-ring in there that if you take away too much material, it will lead to blowing that O-ring out of there & then you are pretty much screwed. I'll get some pics up shortly...

Also wanted to add, this is assuming you have a C (one piece) bowl. If you have a G (split) bowl, I would try wedges before busting out the grinder...

Let us know what you got & we'll get ya taken care of some kinda way... :smile15:

Devilman

Going back & re-reading your second post, you mentioned  it being a "solid" bowl...

If it looks like this:

diverterdown1.jpg

you have a C bowl.... Can't utilize wedges, droops, etc. with that bowl, so you'd have to go the grinding route to get more up-travel. I would also check your diverter cable, make sure it doesn't have a lot of slop & it is adjusted correctly before busting out the grinder, just in case...

Keep us posted, hope this helps!  :smile15:

txcrusader

yes thats the bowl i have :smile21:
i guess i will need to grind the adjustments do seem firm when iam all the way down it looks like its pointing towards the bottom of the boat but when its up i looked at the part that swivels and it seems to bottom out on the bowl so i guess the grinding route is the way to go iam going to try and get spectra18 to take a look mabey he can figure it out. it doesnt throw it high but it sure throws it a good distance thx guys ,matt

Devilman

I wouldn't worry about it much... Tall roost is cool to look at, but does zip for performance, lol... You may be able to get a little more out of it adjusting the nozzle. I have seen others with the nozzle adjusted as you describe, on mine when the diverter is all the way down, the nozzle is straight back, like in that picture. I have wondered if maybe mine is not adjusted "properly" but it works for me.

I'll get the pics I mentioned posted for ya, in the meantime you could do a search on this subject. There is a thread here somewhere from another guy here that goes by StangCorey, he was having similar issues & I believe Randall helped him with it & got him some more roost without much trouble at all...

txcrusader

i read all of that post iam trying to find out where to grind iam sure its on the arm and not the bowl correct lol anyone around newbraunfels  know how to fix this thx guys for help,matt

Devilman

Here is the couple of pics I have that show the area on the diverter where it was ground on. You don't do any grinding on the bowl itself.

10158nozzle1.jpg

10158nozzle2.jpg

Some people will also grind some in those areas where the 2 arms make contact like in this picture.

10158diverterup3a.JPG

You can also see in that putting the diverter up that high puts a pretty bad bind on the reverse cable. May want to keep that in mind when showboating, lol.... :cheesy:

Anything else I can pics of, let me know & I'll snap some for ya. We won't be around the house tomorrow, but can do it Sunday afternoon if this is something you are doing real soon.

Devilman

COONASS said:
I took a little off of my nozzle ............. :smile12: Remember a little goes a long way (take off a little at a time)  :cool:

whoa, whoa, gettin a litte personal there ain't ya? lol :grin:

KONA77

Devilman said:
COONASS said:
I took a little off of my nozzle ............. :smile12: Remember a little goes a long way (take off a little at a time)  :cool:

whoa, whoa, gettin a litte personal there ain't ya? lol :grin:

leave it to COONASS to share something personal  :smile23:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
COONASS said:
I keep telling my wife that very thing! :smile17: :smile17: