Need Magazines for a Good Cause

customtouch

In the process of getting rig of some boating magazines I had I have met a gentleman from Ft. Worth that collects and distributes them to kids and young adults that have been laid up in Hospitals around his area at Christmas time. He told me how much the  bedridden kids really enjoy getting them and having something to look at and read. He told me he's been having a hard time finding issues of Hot Rod car, boat, motorcycle type magazines or anything along those lines. I am taking all of the magazines I have to Steele Creek this weekend where he has agreed to meet me and pick them up. He is really low on the quota he is trying to fill this year so if anyone has any back issues of this type magazine that they can donate, let me know so I can get them to him. If you are coming to Steele Creek this weekend or know someone that is that can bring them, please do so because it will put some smiles on some hurting kids. If you have any questions or can help please contact me by PM or call 512-423-7889. Thanks David

73 Sanger Flat

That is awesome David .. I will look around the house, but not sure what I have anymore .. I cleaned most of them out a few years ago ..I will look and if I can find any , I will bring them Saturday ..

customtouch

Thanks Billy. He was telling me that thanks to the digital age it is getting harder every year to find the amount that he needs but it really raises their spirits when they get a real magazine to read through.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Wish I would have known about this before I got rid of all my hotrods mags! :smile18:

Devilman

I don't have much of anything in the way of magazines anymore, gave all I had a couple years ago to a military care package drive that was going overseas... Such a cool idea though. clap.gif

73 Sanger Flat

OK- I did not do very good , but I found 36 total .. Some Performance Boats , Classic Truck and High Performance Chevy .. I will bring them Saturday to Steel Creek ..

Any body around Granbury that wants to donate , call me and I will swing by and pick them up or you can drop them off at my house .. Let me know , let help these kids out ..

David -- what about hunting mags ?? 

customtouch

That is great Billy. I am sure they will be appreciated. I asked about hunting magazines and he said the kids really don't respond as well to those like they do the hot rods and stuff like that so I guess not. That makes perfect sense to me!!  LOL!!

Come on Southies..........you have a couple of people coming up..........let's load them up with some magazines and make some sick kids happy!!! :smile30: