Mildly embarrassing carb ID question

calereeves

I've attached a pic of my intake flange...what type of carb is this for?  I've got an adapter to a standard Holley flange, but my holley is gunked up and I'd rather buy a new one than rebuild this ugly monstrosity.  I THINK it's a Q-jet, but its been a long time since I've messed with anything but a squarebore flange... 

calereeves

So any of the spreadbore holley's will bolt right up?  Anybody got one that's ready to go that they want to sell?  :)

calereeves

I have the adapter plate to put on a 4150 holley, but its all corroded and rather than buy a new carb AND adapter, I figured I'd just look for the right style carb.  Since my time scale has been pushed back now, I think I might just look for a tunnel ram with 2x4s.  I've got time to source what I want now.

duanehydro

A square flange carb should bolt right to that intake....some used a thin flat plate to ensure the secondary side sealed.

blazeracer

You can probably search Craigslist and Ebay and find a deal on a square bore single plane intake and be done with it while picking up a couple of hundred RPM, then sell your intake and get most of your money back.

That's assuming this is going on a jet boat.