leak

larry young

last time out i noticed water starting to come in around the pump,  :smile14:  if you're gonna redo completely around the pump, is there a certain type of silcone to use or is there something else to use that would be better that i'm not aware of ???

Borderlinecrazy

Yes, there is a product made just for this and I can't remember the exact name right now, but "Stay tight something something" is the
stuff to use as silicone works great in the bathroom, but not on your pump. I will try to find the correct name but there are others out
there that know what I am talking about.   :smile15:

Actually, if you would GOOGLE marine putty (duh) you would see several products that you are looking for.

jimsplace

I am not a jet boat guy, but the 3m 4200 and 3m 5200 is as good as it gets.  They are a polyurethane (like silicon) which is not affected by petroleum products.  The 5200 does take a full week to cure.  At 3-4 days it is still tacky.  After it cures is difficult to remove.
Home depot carries some of it, but West Marine carries both types.

Read the instructions before you use it.

badblood

Go to www.neverseezproducts.com and look up Bostik 9732 Rtv . This is a bullet proof sealer and is marine grade. It cost about 6 bucks a tube but is well worth it.

dragdaddyO

I work for Home Depot and my store caries thw 3m 5200. Most adhesives show the experation date on them however the 5200 shows the manufacture date. I had to call 3m and get this verified for Fenceman. :smile15: