Hydro with Small Block Chevy power??

dragally

Yes, I am headed down and should get there late on Friday afternoon.We'll be in P16 pcre whatever that is! I'll have the red boat in my sig behind me. Come on down and say hey. If everything goes right I'll get the boat but who knows for sure. I'm fighting 110 lbs of woman going back to car boats. She loves the floating ride of the Mirage. Right now as I type I'm on the fence so not sure whats going to happen.

73 Sanger Flat

Here you a link to the campsite

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/whitney/images/PLOWMAN%20CREEK.pdf

Looks like you be right past the boat ramp. Most of the side by side racing will be ending right before there

duanehydro

Brazos River Rat said:
Here you a link to the campsite

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/whitney/images/PLOWMAN%20CREEK.pdf

Looks like you be right past the boat ramp. Most of the side by side testing will be ending right about there
Fixed...... :wink:

dragally

Will be pulling out of here in a few hours. I am not looking forward to the 1100 mile drive. :smile18:

I guess I'll get over it tho.
drag

dragally

Well I went and now I'm back. JJ met me Saturday morning and he is a very nice guy. Thanks for coming over JJ.

Now for the boat. It was VERY nice and exactly as in the picture. After a 10 minute ride in this monster I had had enough. I don't know how you guys can stand the ride of a flat bottom boat. I couldn't stand up straight the next morning. Before you say the water was rough, yes it was but I made a few 90 passes with my Mirage and not a problem. To say that I won't be owning a flat any time soon is an understatement! :grin: I'm going to keep the Mirage and maybe buy the SB Hydro that started this post. Have a great day.
dragally

73 Sanger Flat

glad you made it // JJ is a nice person and knows alot about boats . wish i could have came down to see it run .
i will agree with you on the rough ride . but damm  they are fun .  :smile13:

how much better do a hydro ride than a flat bottom or runner bottom ?

i think the tunnel is the best for the rough water ..

dragally

Brazos River Rat said:
glad you made it // JJ is a nice person and knows alot about boats . wish i could have came down to see it run .
i will agree with you on the rough ride . but damm  they are fun .  :smile13:

how much better do a hydro ride than a flat bottom or runner bottom ?

i think the tunnel is the best for the rough water ..

Actually any one of my hydros of the past rode better than that boat.

dragally

Well I'm going after this on Wed. It's only an 11 hour drive. I have never been lucky enough to find a boat close to me.  :smile21:

SANGER4.jpg

Hydropro5.jpg

dragally

Randall said:
if the hydro ain't what you are looking for let me know and i will trade ya my tx-19 for it :smile15:

Randall, I didn't buy it either. It's still for sale and can be had for $6500 cash. It's back on CL for $7500 I believe.

I bought a Brendella. Seems to run good but prop is f&$&%d up so I sent it to be repaired.