Getting my trailer redone

farmo83

So my boat trailer is looking pretty shabby and I'm wanting to get it redone over the winter. I don't have a way to pull the boat off of it while it's being done though. Does anybody know of a shop that can pull the boat off while painting or have any other idea? My other thought was to get my trailer wrapped, I have no expierance with wrapping though.

KONA77

Here some advise

Shouldn't let my secret out,  but I'll share,  lol,  get three bottle jacks lift boat up off trailer,  move trailer forward, once the transom clears the end of trailer,  support it with two jack stands, now move trailer forward till you have to sit the bow down and relocate bottle jack to clear trailer,  lift bow back up with jack,  move trailer forward, till jack comes into another obstruction on trailer,  repeat until boat and trailer are clear of each other,  and place third jack stand to secure boat or stack tires under hull to sit boat on,  all I have to help,  good luck

KONA said:
Here some advise

Shouldn't let my secret out,  but I'll share,  lol,  get three bottle jacks lift boat up off trailer,  move trailer forward, once the transom clears the end of trailer,  support it with two jack stands, now move trailer forward till you have to sit the bow down and relocate bottle jack to clear trailer,  lift bow back up with jack,  move trailer forward, till jack comes into another obstruction on trailer,  repeat until boat and trailer are clear of each other,  and place third jack stand to secure boat or stack tires under hull to sit boat on,  all I have to help,  good luck

This works well my .02 also even works on 30' Scarabs just ask me how I know?  crazy.gif :smile30:

KONA77

And we have a confirmation  :grin:,  best I could come up with if you don't have a couple of tractors or forklift, and a pair of boat slings like I do.... :grin:

Chevy2184

I just built a wooden frame behind mine where I usually kept it parked in the barn.. Put two runners on the frame same as my boat trailer... Same height, backed my boat up to it and wet down the runner boards and hooked a come-a-long to the back of the  boat barn and slid it onto the wood frame, got done back the trailer back up to it and put the come-a-long on the tung of the trailer, wet down the boards again and slid it back on the trailer... Worked great on a 19' jet boat? Don't know if it would be any fun with anything any bigger than that?

Devilman

Seems like wrapping a boat trailer would be a huge pain in the neck with the prep work involved to get it to stick right, what with all the nooks/crannys around the crossmembers & such.. being labor intensive may equal high price. Figure paint would hold up better in the long run far as towing is concerned, road debris hitting it, chit like that...  I dunno, just thinking out loud.

Knotty Girl

I need to repaint the dolly trailer for the hydro, I might want to borrow one of those while I repaint it.  :smile16: