Gen6 BBC 427 Short Block

SyTy Speed Shop

This is a Gen6 454 block, 4 bolt mains, 6223 427 forged steel crank and the needed rear seal adapter, GM 7/16 Dimple rods, brand new ARP wave-loc bolts, new manley bushings, resized and polished beams, ICON forged solid dome pistons, were 41cc, i had them milled down to 8cc, will provide 9.7CR with 100cc heads, 8.9CR with 110cc heads with zero deck and .040 head gasket.  Pistons are 4.270 with matching rings.  Block will need to be bored and honed for new pistons its STD now, probably a good idea to have the rotating assembly balanced as well, polished aluminum front cover, Edelbrock single roller Gen6 timing set, Dooley 10qt oil pan, with new pickup and windage tray.  King rod,main and cam bearings included as well as an oil pan gasket.  I do not have a cam or lifters, but the factory lifter dog bones and retainer will be included so you can use stock type hydraulic roller lifters if wanted.

Only reason im selling is i am using an Edelbrock vintage 4pt engine mounting setup that isnt compatible with the gen6 block as it has the intergrated timing cover, so i am switching to a mark iv 68 396 block i found and gonna build a 402.

I am going to set an asking price of 2000.00 for the shortblock setup, with about 600 bucks worth of machine work and assembly you will have a very stout 427.  Willing to trade for a set of good BBC aluminum heads but valves need to be 2.19/1.88 as the 2.25/1.88 is to big for my 402 build.

I also have the stock gen6 vortec 454 heads, they have been rebuilt with new stainless steel valves in stock size, new comp 925 double springs and matching steel retainers and machined locks and new seals, ARP rocker studs, stock guideplates, comp 1.72 roller tip rockers.  The only thing they could use is the head surfaced milled.  Id sell these for 750 assemled, otherwise ill be using them on the 402 for now.