Front Bow Eye Fix...

Drumzilla

So, who wants to come get the rest of my foam out of the front of my boat ??? LOL.. ummm..Steve, Kenny, Tim, Henry, Don... I'll pay you $5...:)

What a pain in the ass to tighten up the front bow eye.... :smile15:

I'm afraid it might rip out so it's time to fix it...I've been tightening it from the front but I'm running out of threads so it's got to be done..and it's a tight fit in there..

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2017-12-08-02h37m59s771.jpg
    vlcsnap-2017-12-08-02h37m59s771.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 43

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
DrumZilla said:
So, who wants to come get the rest of my foam out of the front of my boat ??? LOL.. ummm..Steve, Kenny, Tim, Henry, Don... I'll pay you $5...:)

I'm afraid it might rip out so it's time to fix it...I've been tightening it from the front but I'm running out of threads so it's got to be done..and it's a tight fit in there..
And you think I'll fit up there? think.gif

Devilman

You gonna have to add a a zero or two to that five you mentioned, haha. This is where a small neighbor kid would come in handy. That is a lot of foam dang. Least you don't have a gas tank in the way.

Happy Birthday to ya by the way, hope it was a good one. Heck of a present to yourself ain't it? lol Hope you can get it fixed without too much trouble.

Disturbed

Devilman said:
You gonna have to add a a zero or two to that five you mentioned, haha. This is where a small neighbor kid would come in handy. That is a lot of foam dang. Least you don't have a gas tank in the way.

Happy Birthday to ya by the way, hope it was a good one. Heck of a present to yourself ain't it? lol Hope you can get it fixed without too much trouble.

:smile30:

Drumzilla

It's definitely a pain.. Oh and Steve, my 6'4" 250lb nephew crawled up in there and did some of it..

That foam is tough...

and thanks for the B-day wish Kenny...

Don

DrumZilla said:

heck mine is loose to when they did the gel coat they were supposed to send the midget in that hole but that didn't happen and I can't adjust it from the outside

Drumzilla

Without the foam it wouldn't be as bad. I've seen a few cut a hole in the top and use a socket on an extension and a swivel to tighten it up and then they put a chrome type cover over the hole. I thought about doing that but i hate to cut a hole in the deck of my boat....

Don, That's a shame they didn't tighten it for ya..
Is your's full of foam too ?

Devilman

DrumZilla said:
Without the foam it wouldn't be as bad. I've seen a few cut a hole in the top and use a socket on an extension and a swivel to tighten it up and then they put a chrome type cover over the hole. I thought about doing that but i hate to cut a hole in the deck of my boat....

Don, That's a shame they didn't tighten it for ya..
Is your's full of foam too ?

I have seen & read about people doing that also, that just seems crazy to me. My boat don't even look all that great & I wouldn't do it to mine, can't imagine doing it to something nice. I don't even want to cut the little holes needed to install nav. lights much less one of those for those access cover things.

Drumzilla

Yep.. I hate the ideal of cutting or drilling anything on my boat but I have to say crawling up in there kinda does freak me out...maybe I'm a little ole chicken or that big word...Claustrophobic.....!!! :smile26:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Time to find a skinny kid, and slip him $20 for crawling up there and tightening it for you! :smile30:

Drumzilla

Yep..If this would of happened years back i would of asked Chris to help out..:) :)

And that foam is a biotch....