finally got a cruiser i like!

just got home picked up this little 1973 sanger flatty, should be okay for a cruiser.i'll take some better pics tomorrow when i clean it up jump.gif

Attachments

• 024.JPG
    853.5 KB · Views: 179

73 Sanger Flat

That is not a cruiser Randall . That is a true flatbottom . I know I had a 73 Sanger Flat .. I loved that old boat . I had a  454 engine , with a velvet drive in it .. Would run the lake all day long in that thing . Would only run about 80-82 mph ..

Knotty Girl

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
That is not a cruiser Randall . That is a true flatbottom . I know I had a 73 Sanger Flat .. I loved that old boat . I had a  454 engine , with a velvet drive in it .. Would run the lake all day long in that thing . Would only run about 80-82 mph ..

Only??? that is pretty darn good for a lake boat.

clap.gif
Knotty said:

Mines a lake boat unlike yalls and it only runs 48 allllllll day long! :smile16:

Knotty Girl

Mike S said:
clap.gif
Knotty said:

Mines a lake boat unlike yalls and it only runs 48 allllllll day long! :smile16:

That is 5mph better than mine, either one of them.

73 Sanger Flat

That is funny coming from two of the faster boats on this site ...

Kind of wish i had that old set up back , it was dependable and fun .. The  old LS 6 Chevy would run all day on 93 octane , 80-82 is respectable for that boat , any faster it would have hurt me on the shut down , too much air under it , the back would get loose and try to do some weird stuff ..

what prop were you running? and the cav plates only have the t handle for adjustment.

73 Sanger Flat

soldier of fortune said:

what prop were you running? and the cav plates only have the t handle for adjustment.

Randal : I had a 11 1/2 x 15 steel two blade on it  most of the time and some times I had a 11 3/16 x 16 Menkins three blade on it , both ran out about the same on top end , but the 3 blade would really bite hard in the turns if you were pulling tubes or skiers.. Mine had two large skaggs under it and it would turn on a dime .. Dam I loved that boat , but I pulled the stringer loose all the way up the passenger side and did not want to spend the money to fix it , so i bought the current Cole TR-4 that I have now .

Mine also had the same "T'" handle for adjustment that you could lock into like 5 position ..